Chapterr 20: Dark thoughts.

Once we got into the castle, I went back to my room. I felt like crying. Everything was too much. And when I say too much, I mean I couldn't cope. I launched myself at my bed and curled up. I just wanted nothing but to freeze now. That way I wouldn't have to live like this. But I couldn't. I wanted to stay with Mom, Eliana and Auntie Elsa. I wanted to stay with Rosebud, Glacier and Smudges. Sven was often in my thoughts, too! I haven't seen my reindeer friend for a few years. I hope he was okay.

***

The door opened and Eliana walked in.

"Adelade?" She said.

She ran and hugged me.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

I shook my head.

"Eli, don't tell anyone." I felt those words slip out my mouth.

"About what?" Eliana asked.

She looked worried.

"Adelade, are you okay?" She questioned again.

"I'm getting worse," I admitted. "I don't want to leave mom, you, Auntie Elsa, Glacier, Rosebud, Smudges or Sven."

"You're losing control again?" Eliana hugged me. "Whatever happens, I love you."

I smiled. "I love you so much, Eli. I don't want to give up. Although my brain tells me otherwise."

"I met a girl while I was in Northuldra that knew you." Eliana smiled. "I can't remember her name though. But she asked after you!"

I smiled.

"Not Alexandra was it?" I asked. "Daughter of Honeymaren?"

Eliana nodded. My heart fluttered. I had a bit of a crush on her. But I knew she didn't love me in that way. I didn't know why? Was she straight?

"Are you okay, yourself, Eliana?" I hugged her. "You look pale."

Eliana grabbed my hand. Her arm was trembling.

"I heard Glacier and Auntie Elsa talking last night." She blurted out.

"What about?" I asked.

"Something is happening with my own powers," said Eliana looking pale. "Like, I think they are getting stronger. I'm not sure if it is to do with our bond. But it's as strong as yours were when you were three."

I hugged her close. "I'm sorry, sis. That must be tricky to find out about. I found it hard your age."

"Did you?" Eliana looked at me.

"Yeah," I said truthfully. "Ten years old. I can't believe that."

"Me neither, to be honest." Eliana smiled. "I can't believe you are seventeen."

I smiled. "I love you, sis!"

Eliana cuddled into me. "I missed you, Adelade."

I kissed her forehead. "I missed you so much. Hadn't stopped thinking about you."

I wasn't lying, either. I did miss Eliana. She was another part of me. She, Kanron, Mom, Dad, Glacier, Auntie Elsa, Sven, Rosebud and Smudges. I loved them all. So much!

—————

A/N: Hi people.

Thank you for 500 reads on this book. I only started a few weeks ago and now it is chapter 20!!! Like wow!!! and I didn't go into much detail. I was worried I might.

How did you like it?

Edited 7TH May 2024