Chapter 14. The next morning.

Eliana tapped me gently. I must have had a nightmare because I was sweating.

"Ad, Adel, Adel," she tried.

I stretched and looked at her.

"Morning, little sis." I yawned.

"You are needed downstairs, again!" Eliana said.

Shestared at me.

"Why?" I asked. "Do you know?"

I felt nervous.

"Mommy says so," said Eliana. "Not sure why, though."

I felt my ice powers strengthen again. Breathe, Adelade, breathe. But I couldn't do it. I felt my fear take over.

"Adelade," Eliana was shivering. "Breathe."

I tried again and again. But my lungs wanted to give up. No this can't be happening.

"Eliana, get mommy!" I panted.

Eliana ran from the room. I managed to roll myself on to the floor, hurting myself in the progress. I felt my whole body shake.

"Adelade," came Mom's voice. "What's wrong?"

"Moommy!" I sobbed. "Mommy, make it stop."

I twitched in pain.

Mom picked me up and held me gently.

"Adelade, calm for me." She soothed.

I tried it again. This time, it was successful. I managed to get breath back, realising that my hip hurt.

"Mommy," I begged. "Make it stop hurting."

"What's hurting you, Adelade?" Auntie Elsa asked.

She was also in the room.

"She has obviously rolled out of bed," said Dad who knelt beside me and Mom. "Is that true, Adelade?"

I nodded.

"Had to, dad," I admitted.

"Why?" Asked mom.

"How else was I meant to get down without falling over?" I asked.

All three adults nodded.

"What do you want from me?" I asked.

"Oh, yes," said Mom holding my hand gently rubbing it. "Adelade. It's about time we tell you the truth about the future."

I felt my breath hitch up again.

"But I know." I moaned.

"You don't, darling," said dad joining us. "Your nightmares are part of it. But I and Mom have made a decision."

I felt my heart wanting to break.

"But I don't want to leave." I gasped.

"No no, darling," said Auntie Elsa sitting with us. "It is just that we are worried about your mental health as well as the powers now."

I nodded. I understood.

"Do you think my emotions are linked?"" I asked them. "I feared it might."

Mom and Dad looked at me and nodded. Auntie Elsa sighed.

"We are sorry to say if your powers get worse that you and Eliana and Kanron are not allowed in the same room. Reason being that you're powers are strong." She confirmed my fear. I started shaking.

"We are not going to do it yet," said Mom. "But some point we are."

I nodded. But I feel so scared. Not just for everyone, but for my own future. I could turn out like Auntie Elsa and freeze things. I started crying into Mom and wrapped my arms around her.

***

A/N:

Two chapters in one day.

Sorry if that chapter was confusing. But it is going to help with the storyline for the four books.

How did you like this chapter? Why?

Edited 5April 2024