Chapter 10. I will.

Mom hugged me as I sobbed. I had told her the truth of how I miss them and how I was sorry from the last time. She ruffled my hair and kissed my head.

"Oh, Adelade!" She said. "I know that you didn't mean to hurt me."

"But you yelled at me." I sobbed into her. "You made them yell at me."

I didn't want to see her face.

"Mommy, It's all my fault," I continued. "I am a monster."

"No, you aren't!" Mom exclaimed.

She held me.

"Just because you have the ice power," she continued. "Doesn't mean that you are a monster."

"You called me it," I sobbed.

"In terror, darling!" Mom explained.

She held me to her.

"Adelade," she whispered into my ear. "People love you."

"No, they don't, Mommy." I sniffled.

I felt so upset.

"What's going on?" Someone questioned.

We turned round to see Auntie Elsa walking into the castle.

"Oh, Elsa, thank god!" Mom exclaimed

"What's going on?" Auntie Elsa's voice sounded ergent.

"Talk to Addy," sighed Mom. "She's not haing a great time."

"Okay," said Auntie Elsa.

She looked at her sister. Then down at me.

"Adelade? What's wrong?" She questioned me, hugging me.

I didn't answer.

"She thinks she's a monster, Elsa!" Mom sighed.

"But she's not!" Auntie Elsa exclaimed.

She stared at mom.

"She knows the truth," she said. "But not all."

"Don't you start that either," sighed Mom. "I had enough of this."

She looked at me.

"Adelade thinking we hate her." She finished.

"I'll talk to her when we get there, okay?" Auntie Elsa hugged her. "She loves you and you love her. It's just something in her head. Go back to Kristoff and calm down before things escalate any more!"

Mom did so. Hugging me before she did. "Please, Adelade. We do love you. Just go to Auntie Elsa for a few days to calm down."

I nodded, sobbing. "Sorry, mommy."

"Oh, sweetie. We know you are!" Mom kissed my cheek. "Be good. Think of what to call your sister."

"Okay!" I said cheering up a bit. "See you, Mommy."

Mom hugged me one last time. Then walked back in. Auntie Elsa turned to me. "Let's go!"

I nodded, picking up my bag. Then we walked out.

***

When we got to Northuldra, Glacier greeted us, noticing me. Rosebud trotted to me and hugged me with her front legs.

"What's going on, Adelade?" Auntie Elsa asked. "Why are you thinking about it?"

So I explained how I felt and why I was thinking about it. I could see all three expressions. All with sorry looks. Really? I didn't need this. I wanted so much to just sleep for the moment.

"Oh, Adel," said Glacier hugging me. "You aren't a monster. Mom thought she was. Didn't you, mom?"

Auntie Elsa nodded. "My powers were worse after the age of 17, to the point that I had panic attacks and thought I would hurt your mom. I thought the whole reason your grandparents separated me and Mommy was because of me being a monster. But, that's different for you and Kanron and your little sister when she comes. Mommy and Daddy don't want to treat you the same. Daddy wasn't in the right frame of mind on your birthday. You do know that, don't you?"

I nodded. "But weren't you crowned at 21?"

"Yes!" Said Auntie Elsa. "But it got worse and worse. My panic attack that brought an internal winter was because of me, not managing to control it. But Adelade, don't worry. I'm helping you so you don't turn out like that."

I smiled. "I know, Auntie Elsa."

She hugged me. "Bed, I think. You have circles under your eyes. Don't you sleep?"

I shrugged. Glacier sighed. "Need me to read to you and Rosebud sleep with you?"

I nodded.

"Okay!" Said Glacier. "Come on!"

She leads the way. I followed, pondering over what everyone was saying. I knew they were telling the truth. But I didn't see it that way. But why?

—————————-

A/N:

Wow. Another tricky chapter to write. And they are getting harder and harder now.

But I don't mind.

How do you like it so far and why?

Edited on 19th March 2024.