Chapterr 6. Mom's talk.

A gentle hand was on my shoulder. I recognised it and relaxed. But, it didn't stop me from crying.

"Adelade, sweetie?"  Mom tried.

"I thought you didn't want me." I managed to get out through sobs.

I knew she did want me. But it felt like she didn't. Mom put me on her lap and cuddled me.

"I do love you, Adelade," she told me. "I just want the best for you. That's all."

"Then why do you send me away if you loved me, mommy?" I questioned. "I-i didn't want to hurt you."

Mom held me close.

"I know, sweetheart," she said rocking me. "I still love you."

"I love you, too!" I sniffled.

"The reason you go is to get your powers under control," Mom admitted. "That's all. Don't think that I want you out."

"But, what about daddy?" I asked. "Why did he say that?"

"Daddy is stressed out and didn't think straight when he said that," Mom told me. "You won't be a bad girl. Understand?"

"I think so?" I nodded. "But I miss home when I go to Northuldra, Mommy."

"We miss you too!" Admitted Mom braiding my hair. "But you know the truth now. Okay?"

I nodded.

"Your powers are stronger than Auntie Elsa's and she wants to help," mom continued. "Grandpabby and I thought it was best. Especially if you are next for the throne."

I nodded.

"But I don't know if I Make a good princess, mommy," I sighed. "Let alone a queen."

Glacier came out with Rosebud. Smudges mewed happily and got off my lap. She trotted to her and smiled.

"I thought dogs and cats are not meant to get along!" I exclaimed in surprise.

"Well, Rosebud and Smudges do!" Explained Glacier joining me and Mom.

I stared at the dog and cat. I could just about see them through my steamed up glasses. Mom took them off my face and dried them.

"Oh, darling," she said. "These are very steamy. How long have you been here?"

"Don't know!" I admitted.

"Oh, Adel, you look so down!" Glacier hugged me. "Don't believe it. Auntie Anna is right. You won't be a bad girl. Mom will make sure of that."

I sighed. "I want to go to bed!"

"Come on, sweetie!" Said Mom helping me up and brushing my dress down. "Let's get you back in."

She called Smudges over who looked at me. "what's up?"

"I'm okay, now, girl!" I picked her up and followed mom inside.

"That's good!" Smudges tickled me with her tail.

I giggled, despite what I just heard.

***

Once in my room, Auntie Elsa and Mom hugged me.

"I have spoken to Kristoff, Anna!" Auntie Elsa looked at her. "He's feeling bad."

"I found her broken-hearted!" Admitted mom. She looked like Glacier did when she first came from the Orphanage."

I yawned. Smudges were nuzzled in my blanket with me, purring. It felt good having her with me. I petted the little creature and smiled.

"I'll talk to him, myself!" mom sighed.

"Do you want a story, Adelade?" Auntie Elsa looked at me. "Or do you want to sleep?"

I smiled. "Story, please!"

Mom and Auntie Elsa laughed.

"Okay, sweetheart!" Auntie Elsa held my hand. "what do you want me to read?"

"Make it up!" I said. "Please!"

Auntie Elsa giggled. So did Mom.

***

A/N:

A better chapter than last night's one. Don't you think?

Edited on march 12th 2024