Chapter 15. Bad news.

It was after my panic attack two years after. I lay there, trembling as Grandpabby looked over me. I sobbed in to the ground, not wanting to hear what Mom, Dad, Auntie Elsa and even Grandpabby had to say.

"She'll have to be locked up, Anna!" Said Grandpabby.

"Locked up?" Mom Questioned.

"I'm sorry," sighed Grandpabby. "But her powers are stronger than yours, Elsa."

"I tried," said Auntie Elsa. "But Adelade can go out of control easily."

Dad knelt beside me.

"But you are saying that I and Anna aren't allowed to be with her?" He asked angrily.

"No one at all," said Grandpabby. "She's stronger and could hurt all of you."

I wasn't sure if I wanted to live like this. It was awful. My heart was slowly freezing. I could tell, and now people are completely turning against me. I found that my tears were turning to ice.

"Glacier will take care of Eliana," came Auntie Elsa's voice.

"No, Elsa," said Grandpabby. "You are staying in Northuldra."

"I can't leave Anna and Kristoff like this," yelled Elsa. "Their eldest daughter is ending up like me. We promised Anna this wouldn't happen."

"That was before we knew her powers would get this bad." Grandpabby put his hands on my head. "This will knock her out for a bit, at least!"

I found my eyes close automatically. Then I remembered nothing more.

****

The next thing I knew, I was chained up in a cell. I looked around and saw I was at home. But why in the cell? I could hear the guards talking.

"Princess Adelade's turning out worse than Elsa?" Asked one.

"That's what Queen Anna said," said another one.

"She's a monster," said a third.

A mewing came from my left. I turned my head and saw Smudges. She looked at me with her green eyes.

"hi, girl," I tried to say.

"What are you doing in here?" The cat questioned.

She climbed on my lap. I looked at her.

"I'm bad," I sobbed. "I'm a monster. I'm a freak."

The cat looked sad. Then a guard came over. He looked so sorry for me. But he had to look after me apparently.

"Your parents are coming," he said.

I looked at the wall. I couldn't look at my parents. Ever again. They hated me. Everyone hated me.

"Adelade," came Mom's worried voice.

I turned to face them. Mom had been crying. She unlocked the door and came in. Dad waited. Mom sat down on my cot and stared at me.

"Don't listen to anything like that, sweetie." She hugged me. "You aren't a monster."

"Why can't I be in my room, Mommy?" I tried to talk.

"They told us to do this." Mom sighed.

Sheheld my hand. I wasn't sure how to respond to her.

"HmHm ... Adelade?" Mom tried to get my attention.

I nodded.

"I hate them as much as you." Mom untied me. "Restricting you from doing much. You know that me, Dad, Eliana, Kanron, Auntie Elsa and Glacier love you?"

I nodded.

"I love you, too," I managed to whisper.

Mom lifted me up with Smudges.

"We are taking her to her room, Kristoff!" She said.

"Okay, love!" Dad said.

He helped carry me out and into the castle.

***

In my room, I curled up in a tight ball and didn't stop crying. Mom was with me with Smudges. Dad was guarding my room against Kanron who didn't know about this.

"Mommy, mommy, don't leave me. I don't like being alone. Please don't leave me." I couldn't stop.

Mom held me gently. "I'm always here, Adelade."

—————

A/N:

*cries literal tears*

Hated writing this chapter.

How sad is it?

Edited on 6TH April 2024