Chapter 13. Eliana's bad nightmare.

It was two years later. I and Eliana got so close that we couldn't be separated. Kanron was always with us, helping with my breathing techniques. But Eliana kept me calm. My little sister would even follow me to the gardens and sit on my lap as I told her stories. But the poor thing. She had frequent nightmares that got worse every night.

***

Tonight's one was bad. I could tell. I was sat at the dresser, trying to style my hair. We had some event coming up that I had to attend with Mom.

"No, no Adelade!" Came screams from the bed.

I tensed up. Then turned around. Eliana was tossing and turning. I walked over and crawled into bed with her.

"Eli?" I tried to stop her.

"No no no Adelade." Came the pitiful screams from my terrified sister.

"Eliana!" I called.

Eliana's eyes opened. She was panting. I held her gently.

"Eli," I soothed. "Are you okay?"

Eliana tried to talk. But I couldn't hear her.

"Eli, hone." I hugged her close. "What's wrong? You can tell me."

I rubbed her back as she told me. My heartfelt like it was going to break.

"You know that I get them nightmares, too, sweetie?" I held her close. "And it gets worse. They really need to stop it. It's going for too long."

"But doesn't an act of true love thaw a frozen heart?"   Eliana looked at me.

"Yes, it does," I let her nuzzle into me. "That's how Mommy and Auntie Elsa came back."

Eliana looked confused. "But I thought it was just Mommy."

"No, Auntie Elsa was, and still is powerful and her ice powers got the best of her and she turned to ice. Mommy and Glacie told me." I hugged her. "When they were separated when finding the voice, Auntie Elsa went to find the truth about her powers and let the powers take advantage of her. She left, but not completely left Mommy and that still hurts her. Auntie Elsa is the fifth spirit. Keeping the others at bay. But she still comes here."

"But she loves Mommy," Eliana said.

"Of course she does," I said. "But she admitted to me the last time I went, that she knows that she's in the right place."

"But she's moving back," said Eliana. "She said to Mommy."

I smiled. "I know, Eliana. She's thinking of moving back when I'm seventeen,"

"Is there a reason?" Eliana stared at me.

"Can't say right now." I held her to me. "Should we try and go back to bed now?"

Eliana yawned and nodded. I smiled. "Want a story?"

"No," Eliana clung on to me.

"What do you want to do then, sis?"

"Not have these nightmares." Eliana moaned.

I hugged her close and kissed her head. "I know. I wish you didn't have to go through that."

Eliana smiled. "Just sing."

"I can't sing." I denied it.

"Not a word!" Eliana said.

"Well, it is, but not under the roof." I sighed.

"Still, sing? Please?" Eliana used the puppy eyes.

Thank god I'm wearing my glasses tonight. "Fine, honey."

I smiled. "I'll sing the one Grandmama sang Mommy and Auntie Elsa."

Eliana nodded.

I cleared my throat and began.

Where the north wind meets the sea
There's a river full of memory
Sleep, my darling, safe and sound
For in this river all is found

In her waters, deep and true
Lie the answers and a path for you
Dive down deep into her sound
But not too far or you'll be drowned

Yes, she will sing to those who'll hear
And in her song, all magic flows
But can you brave what you most fear?
Can you face what the river knows?

Where the north wind meets the sea
There's a mother full of memory
Come, my darling, homeward bound
When all is lost, then all is found.

Little sniffling noises told me that Eliana was asleep. Then my door opened and Kanron came in quietly. He joined me and hugged me.

"Hi, sis!" He whispered in my ear. "That was beautiful."

"Thanks, bro!" I hugged him.   "It was the only way to get her to..."

"No, Adelade!"

"Oh no!" I said. "Eli, wake up!"

But the girl was back tossing and turning. Great!

—————

A/N:

Now you heard it from Adelade's point of view too!

How did you like it and why?

Edited 3RD April 2024