Chapter 16. Trusting.

It was a few months later. I had shut everyone but Mom out of my life. Dad and Kanron weren't allowed anywhere near me or I would freak out. But I couldn't have food with them.

***

One day, Mom came up to my room with a letter. I stared at her. But I didn't talk. Mom gave me the letter and I read it. It was from Eliana and Auntie Elsa.

"Dear Adelade,

We are so sorry for this to happen to you. I wanted nothing to make you happy. We all did. But unfortunately, they decided to separate us. Me and Auntie Elsa miss you and Mommy, Daddy and Kanron so much.

See you in a few years. Be good for Mommy.

Love Eliana.

I smiled. At least Eliana and Auntie Elsa were on my side along with Mom. Mom hugged me gently.

"Are you okay, darling?" She asked me.

I shrugged.

"Come on," said Mom. "Talk to me.

"Why do people not trust me, mom?" I asked snuggling into her.

"Ignore them, sweetheart," said mom hugging me. "They are just scared of the past."

"When Auntie Elsa was here? Do I have to be locked up? Why?" All the questions came out like a torrent of water.

"Yes, they think it's Auntie Elsa again. Meaning you are the monster." Mom sighed. "I'm being constantly reminded of how Auntie Elsa was in her room for how many years?"

I hugged her. "I want to control them, but I don't know-how. I guess I will have to let the events unfold, now!"

"To answer your other questions," sighed Mom. You have to be locked up because of the strength of your powers. We don't want you to hurt any more things."

I sat there. "I didn't mean to hurt them. I didn't mean to freeze Rosebud, Smudges or Sven. I didn't mean to freeze the mice. I didn't mean to freeze a leaf. I didn't want my powers."

I felt like I was rambling, a lot! I think mom noticed.

"Adelade Rose Bjorgman," she said. "Calm down!"

"But I want to get what I feel off my chest?" I felt free.

"Is anyone blaming you or me for the problems?" Mom questioned.

"Er ... some people seem to be." I was hesitant.

"Dad is not angry," sighed mom.

"What about you and Auntie Elsa?" I asked.

"Auntie Elsa and I are more worried about you than you think," admited mom. "Auntie Elsa writes a lot, making sure you aren't alone."

I felt touched. Then I had a thought.

"But, what about Kanron and Dad?" I asked.

Mom frowned. "Your dad agreed with Grandpabby, unfortunately."

I stared at her.

"They don't love me?" I asked.

"Kanron misses you," said Mom. "Doesn't like it when you freak out. Your dad, on the other hand, doesn't know what to think."

"I'm confused," I admitted. "They don't or do love me?"

"They do, but Dad is confused," said Mom hugging me. "I'll always love you."

"I will always love you, too, Mom!" I snuggled up to her, relaxing.

———————

A/N:

I don't know where I get all these reads from. But thank you for them.

How do you love this story so far?

Edited 9TH April 2024