Chapter 4: Round 2

F/N's perspective

After checking on the house Exile I returned to Amity arena and took a seat with Mithrax and team RWBY as Penny's match was about to start, though I was still thinking over what had happened with Randel and rubbed my eyes.

Blake: "Hey are you ok?"

F/N: "Ya ya just peachy." *I said in a sarcastic tone.*

She moves over and places a hand over mine.

Blake: "Hey, what happened?"

F/N: "It's fine just dealing with some things."

Blake nodded and squeezed my hand as we watched the beginning of the match I thought about what happened just a few hours ago.

Flashback

After completing my meeting with Draksis and Craack and was now in front of the warehouse of house Exile.

F/N: "Well let's see what he's up to."

Star: "I feel like we're going to be highly disappointed."

I give her a sideways glance and walk in through the service door. After walking inside I looked around to see the stacks upon stacks of supplies, from cross beams to ether barrels, all neatly placed in their sections of the warehouse. A couple fallen here and there moving supplies around every so often.

F/N: "Hey! Have you seen Randel!"

Random Fallen: "Thought I saw him in the Walker stations, sir!"

F/N: "Thanks!"

Star: "What would he be doing there?"

F/N: "Well....... oh god there are explosives in there."

I picked up the pace as I make my way into the next room. Upon entering I got a good look at the Walker stations. Each mechanized tank had its little pad where they could be worked on and inspected for damage. Also just like the supply room several fallen were doing maintenance while a few shanks were flying around and helping where they were instructed to. Walking between the stations, I found a walker unlike the others, one that I knew very well.

F/N: "Destroyer how's it-!"

As the walker turned, he revivals Cayde, Randel, and a set of playing cards laid in front of them.

Randel/Cayde: "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh."

Star: "What are you doing?"

Destroyer: "The Cayde-6 and house Exile leader Randel are playing 'Poker' as they call it."

F/N: "Really you two?"

Cayde: "Hey not like I have anything to do."

F/N: "You teach a class at Beacon, you idiot."

Cayde: "But they don't have class right now."

Randel: "Ya, plus everything is running smoothly, so I have free time."

I sighed and rubbed my eyes as Star floated in front of them.

Star: "Need I remind you what's at stake right now?"

Cayde: "I know, Hive invasion and all, but they're still a ways away." 

He said while waving his hand with the cards in it.

Star: "For your information sensors just picked up three ships early this morning."

Cayde and Randel both went wide-eyed and dropped their cards.

Cayde: "O-oh shit."

Randel: "Boss?"

F/N: "It was only for a second but at the moment we're blind to our enemies' movements."