Chapter 5: Emergince

F/N's perspective

F/N: "Oh shit!"

I dive out of the way as the massive Hive Grimm barely missed its attack.

F/N: "Star!"

She appeared next to me and saw the runes.

Star: "It's processed by Hive magic! How could there be Hive magic here!"

F/N: "We'll figure that out later, first I need to kill the big ugly here!"

The Grimm at this point and turned around and looked from me to my ghost before cocking its head and expelled a black gas from its mouth. It covered the arena around me and I could feel it start to burn my lungs.

F/N: *Cough cough.* "Shit what is this!"

Star: "Poison gas! You need to move!"

F/N: "And you need to hide!"

Star in response quickly disappeared into my head, as I slowly stumbled out of the cloud of gas. This, however gave the Grimm the chance to strike and before I had made it out I felt the impact of one of its claws collide with my back and sent me flying into a building. I broke through a wall and laid on the ground.

F/N: "Ow, that hurts."

I staggered up to my feet and turned to see the Grimm charging at me.

F/N: "God I can't catch a break!"

Turning tail, I ran through the building, dodging holes in the floor, the Grimm smashing through the building and was gaining on me. Though as I jumped through a window on the other side, it felt as though I was in slow motion, the monster's jaws were about to close in and clamp down before a black spike impacted its eye and throw it off balance.

Not questioning my luck I grappled onto the nearest building and started to climb up. After a short amount of parkour, I climbed up over the lip to see the Grimm staring up at me.

F/N: "I have the high ground!"

It let out a low growl before digging its front claws into the side and started to climb up the three-story building.

F/N: "Oh that's just bullshit."

Looking around I saw an old-looking transformer with electrical cords extending out of it. Star appeared next to me and looked over at it before turning to me.

Star: "As bad of an idea as this is, it'll have to work."

F/N: "Ya, this is going to hurt like a bitch."

Jogging over to the transformer I cut one of the large power conduits, sparks coming out of the open wires. Then taking Riskrunner into my left hand and grabbing the conduit in my right. I turned to see the Grimm had climbed halfway up and was staring at me over the ledge as its claws clung to the lip of the roof.

F/N: "This is about to get shocking."

Star: "Really you're making a pun!"

F/N: "Hey stop yelling at me!"

Bracing myself for the pain, I jabbed the conduit into my leg, the electricity surging through my body before collecting around my SMG's frame. The Arc energy now brisling I aimed it at the Grimm, its one good eye widening a bit as I held down the trigger.

Bolts of arc energy were expelled from the barrel as they collided with their target, scorching the skin and causing the beast to roar out in pain. In response to the pain, it reeled back and lost its grip on the ledge, causing it to fall down and on the impact caused a small crater around it.