All ends are beginings

F/N's perspective

It's been a couple of hours after the battle had ended, none of us had decided to sleep or could for that matter. The fight had been won, Crota had been slain, his forces destroyed. Cinder has been driven off and a sort pack was made with Salem. The conversation still present in my memory.

Flashback

After Cayde was brought back the group had been celebrating the defeat when Salem herself walked up towards us, the tension being restored as I stepped in front of the group. Her army of Grimm lay behind her as her minions stood beside her having joined the battle at some time.

Salem: "So, I have helped fight off this threat, I could very easily take you all out now in your weakened state and win this war."

Ozpin: "Salem."

Salem: "Silence!"

Ozpin winced back.

F/N: "You know this is just the tip of the iceberg."

Salem: "What? Explain child."

F/N: "Crota was but the first invasion, his father, Oryx is still on his way."

Salem: "And how is this my problem?"

F/N: "Because he will bring down a hell much worse than that Crota could ever achieve."

Salem stayed quiet as she looked at me.

Salem: "Then are you proposing something?"

F/N: "A truce, to fight a common enemy. One that will surely defeat us both if we fight them alone. But look what we did to together."

I said gesturing around us.

Ironwood: "You can't be serious."

Ozpin: "He did say this was his plan, to begin with."

Ironwood: "And I thought we both agreed that it was a bad idea."

Ozpin: "Well it seems that the times have changed."

Salem looked over me and the other members of my group before letting out a sigh.

Salem: "Fine, I will stick to this 'truce' but be warned child. This will only last until this Oryx is defeated. Understand?"

F/N: "Crystal, but who knows maybe you'll change your mind."

Salem: "Unlikely."

Salem turns around as her Grimm started to disperse into the woods as Salem and her minions went through a dark portal. Overhead more engines could be heard as the ketches of houses King and Winter returned.

I smiled as I started to gather everyone and deal with the wounded.

Flashback ends

F/N: "Let's hope she changes her mind, I don't want to deal with her in the end."

I walked around the ruins of Beacon. The fires having been taken out as people had already started on getting the repairs underway. From what I've been told with the help of the Elixni they may be able to get this place and Vale up and running in a matter of weeks. Granted I'm not surprised seeing how fast they were able to get Kell's landing into a livable city in no time.

Making my way to the cliff, I looked out over the forest below. The presence of another became evident as I placed my helmet in my vault and pulled back my hood.

F/N: "So you say you call yourself Vale? But I have a feeling that isn't the only name you go by. Is it?"

I turn my head to see the mysterious guardian that had saved my ghost, his eyes and upper face shadowed by his cloak. His armor a very simple set with a holster that held the infamous Thron.