Chapter 10: Rally the troops

Star's perspective

I floated there a moment as my gaze rested on this Vale's gun, the Thorn, then back up at his face.

Vale: "Ghost-"

Star: "It's Star, and...... he's gone."

Vale: "What do you mean?"

Star: "He says all this is his fault, he went to fight Crota himself."

Vale cursed himself as he looked off towards the docks.

Vale: "Are the other guardians that way?"

Star: "P-probably."

Vale: "Good."

He holstered his hand cannon as his ghost disappeared.

Vale: "Then we can save the kid. Come on."

Vale started to sprint towards the docks and I flew after him.

Star: "Why do you care?"

Vale looked over at me with a soft gaze.

Vale: "Let's just say I have a personal reason to save him."

He turned back and he ran, though something caught my attention before that...... his eyes looked almost exactly like F/N's. I chalked it up to coincidence as we came upon the docks.

Cayde, Eris, Saladin, and the teacher's were fighting off the last of a group of Hive Grimm.

Cayde: "And done!"

Cayde popped the head off of a Hive Beowolf before looking over at us two approaching.

Cayde: "Wait Star what are you doing here?"

Blake: "Star?"

I floated over away from Vale as Blake stepped out from the crowd of students.

Blake: "Where's F/N?"

Star: "He........ he's fighting them alone."

Blake started to tear up after I finished my sentence.

Blake: "W-why? Why wouldn't he...."

There was a moment of silence before the PA system turned on along with everyone's Scrolls.

F/N: "Hey guys, if your hearing this then shit has probably hit the fan. I'm making this recording to apologize for everything. I'm sorry for bringing hell to this planet and if this is playing then I'm dead or fighting off whatever has invaded Remnant. If I'm already dead however then this will be my final message to the world. Whatever comes your way, whatever threat comes to snuff you out. Stay together, defend one another, it doesn't matter if your Human, Faunas, Eliksni, or anything else. Your all the same in the end. To my family and girlfriend, I wanted to let you all know that I love you, and everyone else. It's been an honor being a protector of this world, godspeed."

The transmission ends as everyone looks at each other as they took in the information.

Ruby: "F/N."

Everyone looks down but Cayde who had a stern expression hops up onto a piece of rumble.

Cayde: "Alright, everybody listen up!"

I and everyone else turned to look at him.

Cayde: "After hearing that it's kinda hard to not feel down, hell we might all die anyway."

Star: "Cayde if this is a pep talk your sucking at it."

Cayde: "Hold on little light I'm getting to that. Now then, F/N has affected all of our lives in some form or fashion. He's a brother, a boyfriend, a leader..... a friend. And like hell am I going to stand by and let him die knowing we could have done something to help him! So I suggest a plan, we get over to the back of this school and help him fight this horde, I don't know about you, but I'm going anyway."