Am I... crazy...?

The only thing I could remember is being thrown into a cop car and being taken to some type of.... hospital?

As the cops were dragging me to god knows where, I observed the place. The walls and floors were made of stone, and it didn't really give off a comforting vibe. There was a big room with a few couches. A large, old chandelier hung from the ceiling in the middle of the room. It may sound nice, but the couches were old and the golden chandelier was just catching dust. The windows had bars on them. This place... it was like some type of prison, but slightly more comfortable.... I guess...

I was pushed into a room, the door slamming behind me. There was a bed in the middle, a desk, a small wardrobe for clothing and two windows on each side. They also had bars on them. The floors were made of wood, which was splitting, and the walls were just a cream color with a few streaks on the sides. This place was horrible... would I be living here now..?

There wasn't even a bathroom in here, where was the shower? This was nothing like home...

I decided to try and open the door, I was tired of being in here already. I tried twisting the door knob, locked. Of course. They threw me in here like an animal, and now I can't even leave my room. I mean, I guess they had a reason to do this, I am a criminal now. I'm a murderer..

I tried laying down on the uncomfortable bed and just my luck, it was just as uncomfortable as it looked. The sheets felt like paper and the pillows were like sandbags. The only thing I could really do was sleep, so I tried.

I tossed and turned for hours. Not only because of the horrible feeling of the bed, but because of the voices...

'You should rot in here for the rest of your life'
'You deserve this'
'No you don't Shoto, you did the right thing'
'You should be happy'
'No you shouldn't, this is wrong'

"JUST SHUT UP... I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE... JUST LEAVE ME ALONE.... please.."

Tears started to fall from my eyes. I sat crouched up in my bed, feeling nothing but anger and sadness.

I thought this would make everything better... I thought we wouldn't have to live our lives in fear anymore. Father being dead should've made everyone smile... but yet, I'm here. Alone and trapped.

I had no idea what time is was, but I could slightly see through the translucent window. It was dark, maybe around 9...?

I was extremely hungry and so tired. But no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't fall asleep. I gave up on sleep and just laid there, looking at the old, stained ceiling. My breathing was low and I just sat there, thinking...

We watched the tv as the symbol of peace was on the screen. He had his normal, bright smile on his face that never seemed to fade. He was always smiling, no matter how hard life got. I wish I could just be like him...

"Children do often inherit quirks from their parents, or develop similar power sets. But the most important thing to remember, is that a quirk is what you make of it. Regardless of your history. You decide how you use it. That's what I mean when I say 'I am here', only you can decide to become a hero... no one else. Take this to heart, kids."

I looked up to him more than anyone else, he was the strongest person I knew. I told myself that one day, I would be an amazing hero like him. I'm going to make mama proud...

"Honey, you do still want to be a hero, don't you? Just remember, stay true to yourself."

When I was little, my mothers words effected me majorly. She always helped me, she was always by my side. And now... I've failed her.

I could never become a hero. I murdered my own father, almost killed my sister and now I'm here. I don't even know who I am anymore.

Somehow, I slowly drifted to sleep through all of those thoughts.

I woke up the next morning somehow still tired, I barely got any sleep. The sun was slightly shining through my window, but the room still looked just as unwelcoming as it did yesterday.

I sat up, rubbing my eyes. 'Well.. here goes my first day of hell. Although I've been living in hell my entire life.'

I crept over to the door and tried to open it again. To my surprise, it was unlocked. I slowly opened the door, examining the halls. The walls and floors were made of stone, just like that other room I seen.

I just wanted to find a shower somewhere, I still had on my clothes from the night I got taken here, which were covered in dry blood. Along with my arms.

I felt the cold, stone floor beneath my feet as I made my way down the long hall. It seemed like this hall never ended, until I walked into the big, familiar room. There were many other people, each dressed in the same thing. Some looked ill, and some looked as if they were disturbed.

I felt like I didn't belong here. Even if I am a murder, I'm not .... mad.. right? I'm still a human being, and I'm not like the other people here. I actually know what's going on in my life.

I seen the kitchen wasn't far from where I was, so I decided to go get a snack. The kitchen also gave off an eerie vibe. It looked like a basic kitchen, well a basic kitchen for a prison. As I looked around for some food, I could feel a million eyes on me. I felt so uncomfortable and felt out of place. It was as if everyone stopped what they were doing, just to stare at me. I couldn't shake the cold feeling I got from even being here.

Suddenly I wasn't hungry anymore, so I found myself wandering back to my room. I shut the door behind me and just laid on my bed, finding myself staring up once again. Even if this place was horrible, it was still better than being in that hell hole I once called home....

~~~unknown POV~~~

"Shoto Todoroki, is that correct boss?"

"Yes. I've heard of what he's done and I feel that he would fit right in with us."

"Yes sir. And what is it that you would like me to do?"

"Bring him to me. I want to have him here, in my office in 3 days max. That's all the time you have to kidnap him from the asylum he's staying in, and you better not fail me. Got it?"

"Yes sir. I'll make sure to have him here."

"Oh and if I find out he's harmed in any way, that's your ass."

"I understand sir."

"Good. Now get out of my office."