Chapter Thirty-Four: Ocean Eyes Part Two

I'm sorry about your loss.

What was the supposed to mean?

How are you holding up?

I'm here to talk if you need.

I'm so sorry.

We're all here for you.

What the heck were these peoples going on about? Nothing had happened to me. How did these people even get my number?

I texted someone back.

What's going on? Who died? I asked jokingly. What could have possibly happened to cause this much of an uproar in sudden friends?

Finally, the random person I texted, texted me back. You don't know? Turn on the news. I didn't know what to do so I shrugged and clicked onto the news app on my TV. Jaydon had gotten that for me too.

He was sorta like a technological mastermind. Which was not the point. I watched the pretty blond woman on the screen talk about the rising and falling in stock markets ever since around eight in the morning. I groaned and leaned my head back.

Maybe this was all some mass prank. Then a red screen flashed up on the TV and a darker skinned man popped up on the screen.

"Today, a horrible crime was committed. Four hours ago, neighbors went to check the screaming. What they found made them call the Police, who got their too late. All of New York is in shock at the grisly sight. Children may need to leave the room for this." The guy said dramatically, then gestured to the screen.

I had a really bad feeling about this.

"Friends and family say they had no idea what was happening. No one did until it was too late. And by the time it was too late, beloved Kasey Williams was dead."

What?

This was a joke.

A prank.

Kas?

Huh?

Not possible.

Not possible.

Not possible.

Muted noises came from over the speakers, but I could barely hear it.

"...Neighbors heard the screaming and called the Police, who then entered the home of Detective Williams and his sixteen year old daughter, Kasey. There were signs of a struggle, says Detective Chandler, a homicide detective. Kasey, according to the coroner we spoke to, also showed signs of incredible abuse. As said, children should probably leave the room." The camera was live right outside of Kasey's home.

I had been there a couple weeks ago.

How?

How?

How?

"I'm Briana Plies, reporting from right outside of Kasey Williams's house. Her father, apparently an alcoholic, had been beating her for years. The domestic violence went unreported for years. Kasey's mother, Katherine Williams, said that her husband was completely innocent and that Kasey was doing something wrong at the time."

The screen threw up a picture of Kasey. It was her yearbook picture. She looked so happy.

Not possible.

Not possible.

Not possible.

"The corner also said that the teen died of a Rupture Brain Aneurysm. The neighbors said they heard crashing, almost like the smashing of plates the night before they called the cops. The officers in charge are saying that it's most likely that the seventeen year old died from a plate crashing on her head, one too many times." The screen blinked black.