Part ll | Chapter 1

There I was walking towards the kitchen preparing myself for the worse. I kept my gun pointed down in my right hand. My heart beating so fast I thought I was having an anxiety attack or something.

I remained quiet as I finally turned the corner to get a clear view. Blood splattered on the countertop and cabinets. It was like tunnel vision. I cautiously looked around the kitchen. I could see someone's feet hanging from behind the island. I approached with caution. "Stay back!" A scared and shaky voice uttered. I was relieved.

"Baby. It's me, put the gun down." I told London walking towards her with my hands up in surrender. "Oh my god. Izaiah." She dropped the gun trying to get up, but she couldn't.

"Are you hurt baby?" I asked kneeling on the floor beside her. "N-No. I-I don't think so." She cried sounding traumatized. "Can you tell me what happened?" I questioned, looking at the dead body on the floor. She sobbed louder. I embraced her in a hug. "He said you were expecting him. I let him in, offered him something to drink." She said crying harder.

"He followed me into the kitchen, then out of nowhere he pulled out a gun. I thought he was going to shoot me Izaiah." She explained in a panic.
"Shush. It's okay baby. Breathe." I calmed her, picking her up off the floor bridal style. I brought her straight to our living room, placing her down on the couch.

"He told me he came to kill me, but he had something else in mind." She said. I automatically knew that nigga was going to try and rape her.
Rage began building back up as I thought about what could of possibly happened. What kind of sick fuck would rape a pregnant woman.

"What happened after that baby?" I questioned after taking a deep breath. She wiped the tears from her face, rubbing on her round belly. "That look. He put his gun on the countertop and started walking towards me, looking at me in lust. I felt disgusted. I backed up but he just kept following me. He got all in my face, rubbing my cheek. He said that if I wanted to spare me and my baby's life...I would get on my knees." She said, pausing to look up, stopping the tears from streaming down her face.

"I glimpsed his gun behind him. I kicked him in the nuts before running over to grab the gun. I aimed it at him but he wouldn't stop laughing and getting closer to me, so...so I-I pulled the trigger. I killed him!" She exclaimed with a cracked voice. "Listen to me ma, you did the right thing! You protected yourself and our unborn baby." I told her lifting her chin.

"Who is he?" She questioned looking into my eyes for the answers. But honestly, I don't have any. "I don't know, but I promise you I'm going to find out. I'm going to move us somewhere safe, I promise." I assured, looking into her eyes. "You don't get it!" She snapped. "As long as your doing what you do people are always going to want to come after you and the people you love the most." She broke down in tears. "I love you, but I live this baby more, and I refuse to bring her into a world filled with danger." She stated.

"I know baby, I know. I swear I'm getting out. I rather my family than a graveyard." I told London interlocking our hands. She looked at me hopelessly. "I need to get you out the house so I can clean this mess up." I spoke getting up from the couch, pulling out my cellphone. "I don't want to go anywhere without you right now Izaiah." She said tugging the bottom of my shirt.

"I have to make sure y'all are safe okay. Now if that means sending you somewhere without me, then so be it. Look baby, I just need to figure out who's behind all this shit so I can end it." I explained to her with frustration, guilt and anger all in one.  I just feel like I failed her once again. I was here to protect her—them! And I fucking failed. "End it how? W-What if their one step ahead of you? Please don't do this." She pleaded with watery eyes. I sighed.

I have an entire team ready for war baby girl." I informed her with a deadly stare. I went to my contact list, dialing a number. "What's the word?" I said into the phone. "No damage has been done as far as we see, but we have a few people double checking everything." Dex stated from his end of the phone. I was relieved but it isn't over yet. In fact, it's just about to get started. "Bet. I need you to send a clean up crew to my house. Sum discreet." I informed, looking over my shoulder at London, who was on the couch playing with her finger nails.

"Everything good Z?" Dex asked. "Sum like that. I'm about to take her to a hotel for the night." I told him causing her to look up at me. "Aight. Stay up." Dex said. "Before you hang up, get James in my office. He got some answering to do." I told Dex. See, James told me the Gonzalez brother's checked out.
But with everything that happened at the trade off, then at the crib and what that mother fucker said about my traps just said otherwise. "I got you." Dex assured. And with that our phone call ended.

"Can you go pack some stuff?" I asked London slipping my phone back inside my pocket, putting my gun away in the process. "I can't give birth and live in a hotel Izaiah." She said in disappointment.
"We aren't going to be living in a hotel when baby girl get here. I promise you." I told her honestly. "You making so many promises Izaiah." She shook her head getting off the couch, wobbling upstairs.

This is going to be temporary until I can find us a new house, something with a bit more security.
I plopped down on the couch, tilting my head back.
It's like a nigga can't catch a break, just when I think I can leave the game and not worry about shit, mother fuckers start with they bullshit. Now my legal plans are on hold until I find out more about the whole situation. Most importantly though, WHO THE FUCK IS BEHIND THIS.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Like | comment | share

VOTE !! ⭐️