Part II | Chapter 24

"Did I really need to dress up for a club, babe?" Izaiah questioned London pulling into the parking lot of The Wave Nightclub. "Yes. And you look good." She assured him, biting on her bottom lip. She couldn't deny that tonight her man is looking extra fine. Izaiah was dressed very different tonight for this occasion he has no awareness of. He wore a burgundy red turtle neck with a swayed blue suit. Let's just say, he's looking very cleaned up. Opening the passenger door, he quickly helped his fiancé out his truck. "Thank you baby." She smiled as he locked hands with her, heading for the entrance. Walking into the club everything was dark and quiet which caused Izaiah to reach for his glock he had tucked away in his waist. Before he could fully pull his gun out, the lights went on.

"Surpriseeeee!" Everyone shouted, including London still causing him to keep his hand on his weapon. He wasn't expecting nothing like this. He felt a bit blind sided. Looking around, he glimpsed some familiar faces. "I told you ain't nothing exciting about being twenty-four, baby." He whispered in London's ear. Waving him off, she pulled him over to mingle. "Thank you baby girl." He pulled her into his body by the waist, kissing her neck. "Aye, happy cday." Jigs came over dapping him up. Majority of his friends and family are here which he was completely taken back by. He wasn't expecting any family members from Georgia to be in Virginia.

"Ye" by Burna Boy began pumping through the speakers. Everyone was vibing and dancing. Izaiah felt good turning 24. Too many guys his age weren't lucky to even make it to 21.

(London's POV)

Pulling my phone out, I recorded videos of Izaiah turning up. "You out did yourself, L. He's having a good ass time." Becky laughed at the sight of the guys drinking and dancing in the section. "Right." I let out a sigh of relief. Drinks continued flowing. Izaiah popped bottle after bottle.

Tonight is his night

Tonight is his night.  I'm going to let him enjoy it to the fullest. Almost two hours into the party almost all the guys were drunk, including Izaiah. But so far everyone is holding their liquor which I'm thankful for. I'm not good with other people's vomit. Leaving the section, I walked over to the DJ booth. "It's time." I signaled the DJ over the loud music. Holding the mic in one hand and my glass filled with 1942 in the other, I waited for the music to die down. "Hey y'all." I spoke into the microphone catching everyone's attention. "I hate talking over the mic, so I'm going to make this as quick as possible." I laughed at how crazy my nerves feel. Public speaking definitely isn't my thing. It's been this way since I was younger. "Izaiah." I trailed off, looking in the direction him, the guys, and Becky were standing.

Seeing that I had his undivided attention, I continued my speech. "Okay, so I know this year you didn't want much for your birthday. And I know how much you thought of today as "just another day." I laughed quoting his exact words. "But I wanted to do something nice for you because you do everything in your power to make me happy." I paused, trying not to emotional. "And you love our daughter unconditionally, so even though I'll never be able to repay you for how much of a good friend, father, boyfriend and now fiancé you've been...I think this is a good start." I laughed. "Can you please follow me outside?" I questioned. Nodding his head he came walking over. Majority of the folks followed behind us as we exited the club.

"Happy twenty-fourth!" I exclaimed, pointing to the blue pearl color Acura. His mouth gapped open in shock. "Baby." He smiled still standing in the same place. "Baby, y-you really did-" cutting him off, I handed him the keys to his brand new car. He swiftly pulled me into a hug. Everyone took out their phones recording what they're witnessing. "You really surprised a nigga, thank you ma. I love it. I love you." He told me, placing a passionate kiss on my lips. After breaking our make out session, I watched him get into the car admiring the interior. Boys and their toys I thought snapping pictures of him in his new ride.

"Another added to the collection." Jigs smirked touching the hood of the car. "Looks like i'mma have to put a rock on yo big headed ass to get gifts like this." Travis joked to Becky who was mean mugging the hell out of him for making that comment, joking or not. After continuing to admire his car, everyone rushed back inside. It was extremely cold out. We began singing the black people version birthday song. Watching him blowout the candles in his money cake, I couldn't be more satisfied with how happy my man is. In this very moment I knew I didn't want to hold off anymore. I have so much to be thankful for. I want to soak it up. I want to walk down that aisle and officially become Mrs. Velez.

"Aye, aye, aye!" Izaiah raised his voice trying to get everyone to quiet down. Clearing his throat, he held up his almost empty bottle of Don Julio. "I want to thank y'all for coming out tonight...my friends, most of my family. I appreciate y'all mane. And to my baby, my fiancé...I love you, thank you for this wonderful party and an over the top, unexpected bday gift." He expressed. "To twenty-four!" Dex exclaimed, holding his champagne bottle high. After his little speech the music began pumping again, this time "Ratchet Happy Birthday" by Drake played. Everything in this moment was perfect. London was overly excited that her fiancé's twenty-fourth birthday was a success, thanks to the help of their friends.

But nothing good last too long for Izaiah and London.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Like|comment|share

VOTE ⭐️!!!!