Part II | Chapter 21

Walking into the party all of the guest shouted happy birthday as we entered the venue Ava's birthday party is being held at. Izaiah held her in his arms as we walked through the party greeting everyone. The theme of Ava's party is Minnie Mouse of course. Lizzie did an outstanding job as always decorating the place. A table with big Minnie Mouse ears greeted everyone before actually entering the party. There's a huge backdrop behind the cake and treats table that read "Happy 1st birthday Ava!"

 There's a huge backdrop behind the cake and treats table that read "Happy 1st birthday Ava!"

Cupcakes and Minnie Mouse ears sat on each table being the center of attention. "Look mama! Look at all your gifts." I exclaimed as she reached for me. Walking around the party with Ava in my arms, I greeted all the familiar faces that are here. "Hi my baby!" Becky cooed, reaching for Ava. She gladly went to her. Ava and Becky have a strong bond. Whenever Becky came over, Ava would always get her dolls and pretend they were playing house together. "Happy birthday, beautiful girl." Becky said placing kisses on her cheeks which caused her to giggle.

Putting her down, I watched as Ava ran over to all the other kids who were playing in the bounce house. "Hey, mommiana." Becky smiled giving me a very much needed hug. "How was your little trip?" I questioned referring to the baecation her and Travis had just come back from. "It was good. The Bahamas is really so beautiful L." Nodding my head, I'm happy that my best friend took a mini vacation. She deserved it. Shit, everyone deserves to take a vacation every now and then. After wrapping up our little chitchat I wondered around the party greeting a few other folks.

Becky's older sister is here as well with her 3 year old son, Jace. Deciding to go jump in the bounce house with Ava, I slipped my sneakers off, climbing in. "Jump mommy! Jump!" She chanted, jumping up and down in the bounce house. She reached for my hands. We both jumped high in laughter. "Look at you. Big ass kid." Izaiah chuckled standing outside the bounce house. "Whatever." I laughed, shrugging him off. After coming down from laughter, I left the bounce house with Ava on my hip. It's time to cut her cake. Standing behind the cake and treats table, Izaiah held Ava up in between the both of us.

"Alright y'all, on the count of three we gon sing happy birthday." I instructed after Becky handed me the mic. "One...two...three." I spoke into the mic. The room began singing, "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Ava, happy birthday to you!" Everyone sang. "How old are you now. How old are you now. How old are you now, happy birthday to you! are you one!?...one!" We all bust out laughed because we couldn't go past the number one.

"Yay! Ava's one!" I bent down facing Ava, clapping my hands as she did the same. The camera man snapped pictures of us helping Ava cut her Minnie Mouse cake. Turning her face to his, Izaiah smeared some cake on her nose as he kissed her cheek. We continued enjoying Ava's first birthday party as kids danced and the grown folks sipped on alcohol or ate the food that's being catered. "I'm gon bring some of her presents to my truck." Izaiah spoke into my ear over the loud music. I nodded, not wanting to take my eyes off Ava who looked like she is growing cranky.

"Can I have everyone's attention?" I said into the mic before people could start heading out. "On the behave of Ava, Izaiah and I want to thank you all for coming out tonight to help us celebrate our baby girl turning one. Thank you for all the gifts. We appreciate everything y'all. And before y'all go, there's party bags over there for the kids. Take one on the way out. Thanks again for coming out." I thanked everyone who came out today. Grabbing Ava, I placed her jacket on. Her little eyes are barely open. My baby is partied out. "I'll put her in the truck." Izaiah said holding his arms out for her. Handing her off to him, I gave him a faint smile.

"Let me talk to y'all right quick." I walked over to the group that consisted of Becky, Travis, Dex and his girlfriend, Myra. Jigs isn't here due to him still being tied up in North Carolina. He still managed to send Ava a birthday gift through the mail and she loved it.
"Thank y'all for coming." I told them, fidgeting with my shirt that's tied into a bow. "Of course, pooh. You know we love us some Ava cakes." Becky said smiling. Each one of them played a part in my daughters life. After knowing the guys for so long and forming a genuine bond with them all, I considered them family.

Leaving the venue as the clean up crew did their job, everybody said their goodbyes going their separate ways. Standing on the passenger side of his truck, Izaiah gave Dex and Travis a head nod. His way of saying was sup or later. "Ready to go?" He asked opening my door for me. Not answering him, I just got inside. I'm too tired to play this mind game with him tonight. All I want him to do is keep his word and get himself some help. Starting up his truck, he pulled away from the curb.

After being on the highway for 45 minutes we were finally pulling into our driveway. "I guess I'll get the gifts." He stated getting out the truck. Grabbing Ava from her car seat, I quickly hurried inside. Flicking on the lights, I almost tripped over a package that was by the doorway. "Shit!" I mumbled trying not to wake Ava. After taking off her dress and getting her into her pajamas without waking her, I jogged back downstairs. Picking up the little brown box that almost took my daughter and I out, I entered the kitchen. Pulling a box cutter from the draws I slit the package open, seeing a note attached to what looked like a ring. My face scrunched up. I'm totally confused to who sent this or what they sent a damn ring to my home for. Pulling the note from the box, being extra careful not touching the silver sterling ring inside. I roamed the note reading what was written.

"By time you see this letter that means
you'll know I'm coming. You took a
piece of me the night you selfishly took
Tiffany. This is war. I want blood
on my hands. Let's see how long you
have until I put another bullet in yo ass.
Ps- beautiful family you have."

Dropping the letter on the counter, I panicked. "Baby?" Izaiah called out walking into the kitchen, seeing my face expression. "Talk to me! What's wrong?" He questioned. My mouth was open but it's like words couldn't come out. Pointing to the note, I watched as he grabbed it up. "What the fuck!" He snapped, scanning the note. "I knew you didn't have nothing under control." I cried. His jaw clenched together tightly. He slammed the note down. Izaiah has been planning to take Chad down in the perfect way for months, but little did he know Chad was always one step of him, unfortunately.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Like|comment|share

VOTE ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Part ll | Chapter 21 Convos 💬
Whewwww! Three chapters back to back y'all 🙌🏽🐐 Happy first birthday Ava 🎉
Y'all think London is gonna reach her last straw and walk out on Izaiah for good this time?
What y'all think Chad got up his sleeve? By the way it was Tiffany's ring that he sent to Izaiah in the package. A storm is brewing! Comment how y'all think this is gonna boil down 👀👀

Side note: if y'all are looking for new books to read go check out my new book "CALL GIRL" 🥰