Part II | Chapter 15

I sat down in the kitchen waiting for Izaiah to get home. He was supposed to get here over an hour ag0, but he never showed. I tried texting and calling, still no answer. I eventually ate some of my dinner before packing the rest away. Wherever he is he better have a good fucking explanation for why he missed dinner. I wiped down the counter tops, making sure it wasn't sticky or wet. I turned the kitchen lights off, walking out the kitchen. It's going on 9:30pm

Before I could even climb the steps the doorbell rang, catching me by surprise. I walked over to the front door, checking the security cameras. My face frowned when I realized it was two cops at the door. I opened the door. "Hello, officers. May I help you?" I questioned, looking at the black officers that stood in front of me. "Goodnight ma'am, sorry to bother you. We have some news for you. You are London Joe-field, correct?" The bald head one questioned.

"Y-Yes, I am. What's the news?" I questioned getting a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. "Your fiancé was shot earlier this evening. He's been transported to Chippenham Hospital." The other office informed breaking the news to me. In that moment everything around me froze in time. I didn't know how to feel or how to react. My fiancé was shot. "Ma'am? Ma'am are you alright?" The bald head officer asked.

"I-Is he okay?" I found the words to ask. I was honestly scared to even ask. "We don't know any further details as of now, but we assure you this will be a full on investigation." He said. "T-Thank you officers." I nodded, closing the door in their faces. I couldn't handle what they told me.

I tried walking towards the couch but I fell down to the floor. My entire body feels numb. I feel like I can't breathe. Tears rolled down my face as I sat on the floor crying. After sobbing uncontrollably I got off the floor, pulling myself together. I grabbed my phone, shaking as I went over to Becky's contact.

"Hey, bitch." She picked up. "Beck, I need you to watch Ava for me. An emergency came up." I told her, trying not to cry again. "Yeah, of course. Everything good L?" She questioned, concerned.
"N-No. Izaiah was shot earlier today." I told her trying to be as quiet as possible. I was in the middle of getting Ava dressed. I absolutely did not want to wake her right now. I just need to keep it together and get to the hospital.

"Oh my god! Is he alright?" She questioned in shock. I sighed, not knowing what is going on with him my damn self. "I have no clue. I just need to bring Ava to you and head over to the hospital." I told her slipping on a pair of leggings. "I'm praying everything is fine L, really. And I'll be here waiting for you to drop fat mama off." She stated. I thanked her ending our phone call. Becky is the most reliable person I've ever had in my life.

She's been my side through thick and thin. She's what you call a Real friend. I finished getting dressed, grabbing everything I needed. I placed Ava into her car seat, snapping her in. I made it to my Range Rover, pulling out of the driveway. Many questions ran through my mind as I drove to Becky's house. Who would shoot you? Why weren't you more careful?

I knew this could happen. God please, please let him be okay. I know he's done his fair share of wrongs, but he's such a good person at heart. He only does bad when he feels like he needs to protect the ones he love. Tears rolled down my cheeks. I wiped swatted them away trying to stay positive until I actually hear the state he's in. I made it to Becky's house a little under an hour, thank god for no traffic tonight.

I handed the car seat off to her after filling Ava's face with gentle kisses. I thanked Becky again for agreeing to watch the baby. "Call me if you need anything. I'll be praying for the best. I love you." Becky said giving me a brief hug. Her words somewhat comforted me. I made my way to Chippenham Hospital. I'm annoyed because out of all hospitals he was taken to this one. All the black folks know that the staff in there don't give two shits about their colored patients. I'd be dammed if I lose him at the hands of their racist behavior.