Part ll | Chapter 12

After dropping Ava off to Becky's mom, I rushed home to get ready. I wore my natural hair down. I wanted to be elegant, but yet still sexy. I wore my white off the shoulder sweater with a blue skirt that hugged me just right. After doing my makeup, I was all ready. "You look sexy." Izaiah spoke walking up behind me. I smiled. "Thank you. You look pretty good yourself." I told him, pecking his lips.

"Pretty good? That's all I get?" He questioned causing me to laugh. "I'm just messing with you. You look very nice." He wore a blue designer sweater with some biker jeans. Along with his jewelry of course. "Appreciate you, baby." He gripped my butt in the palm of his hand. "Let's go before you start something." I stepped back. He chuckled. "You starting...over there looking too good." He said biting on his bottom lip. I laughed, shaking my head. We made our way downstairs, grabbing a set of car keys. I made sure the security alarm was set.

We walked towards his Bentley truck, hopping in. He started up the truck and soon, we were on our way to where ever. The car ride was pretty quiet as music lowly played. I have no clue where he's taking me. I didn't bother to ask. After an hour of driving we arrived. "What is the place?" I questioned, taking off my seatbelt, looking around. "You'll see." He said getting out. He opened my door for me as I got out of the truck. It's pretty chilly out. I pulled my pea coat shut.

I quickly walked over to the restaurant. "Welcome Mr. Velez." The lady at the front spoke, giving us a warm smile. She escorted us towards the back. We were the only ones here, aside from the people serving us. I tried to sit at the empty table but Izaiah stopped me, putting his hand out. "What?" I asked, confused. "Are we not eating here?"

He grabbed my hand, leading me out the back of the restaurant. My mouth gapped open as we fully exited the building. "That's where were eating." He stated, pointing to the boat. The white houseboat sat there in water. "W-When did you? How did you do this?" I questioned completely taken away. "You know I'm a man with connections." He grinned.

We made our way towards the boat. "Good evening, I'll be your captain for the night. My name is Raymond, come on a board." The middle-aged white man welcomed us. We got onto the nice boat. Izaiah led me inside. Bouquets of green flowers sat on the floor, going down in a trail. A lady played the piano softly while smiling at us. There was a nice table setup with candles and a bottle of champagne chilling on ice. "You like it?" He questioned, pulling out my chair for me.

"It's beautiful! I love it baby." I leaned over, kissing his lips. He popped the champagne open, pouring some into our glasses. "To...us and what's ahead." He said holding his glass up. I smiled, clicking our glasses together. While our food was being prepared we made small conversation. He told me this boat was a gift to himself for his 21st birthday. We also spoke about certain things from the past. We had a few laughs then spoke about our future. We talked about wanting more for ourselves. Investing into things that we will be able to benefit from as a team—a family. We talked about having more children. Marriage as well.

The nice gentleman came walking back with our freshly cooked dinner. We had a mixture of everything to be honest. Lobster, Steak, Sushi and some black rice. Everything tasted delicious. After eating, Izaiah ordered desert. We continued talking.

"You know, I love you?" He questioned randomly. "Yeah, I know." I smirked. "And there's nothing I wouldn't do to see a smile on your face." He added.
Despite all of the wrongs he'd ever done, he meant good. I know he loves and cares deeply for me. If he didn't, we wouldn't be sitting here right now. "I know baby. Thank you for loving me." I told him, beginning to express my feelings. "We have our ups and downs, but I really love you." I said. The guy came out with a tray of different deserts. "Thank you." I smiled at the nice server.

"I know ma. Can I keep it real with you?" He asked. I took a spoon of ice cream, nodding. "Of course." He looked at me, almost like he's admiring me. "I didn't know what it was about you when I first seen you, but I knew it was something. I had to talk to you and I'm glad I did that. You allowed me to see you at some of your lowest times. I respect everything about you, baby girl." He verbalized.

"You were there for me in ways I didn't expect you to be. You showed me that you're in it for the love and not the materialistic bullshit." I cupped his face, wiping the small tear from his cheek before it could roll down. "Aww. Baby." I poured, getting emotional.

"Let me finish." He said, sniffing. "You gave me a beautiful little girl, and ion think I can ever repay you for that. I know I fucked up one, two many times baby, but I promise you I love you with everything in me. I see a bright future ahead of me. I want you and our daughter in it. My pops told me once: when a real girl come in yo life, you have to show her that you ain't never letting her go. He took a deep breath after his sentence.

"Baby, I don't ever want to let you go. And I'm sorry for all the pain I ever caused you. You deserve more." This man was now full on crying. So was I. He's pouring his heart out to me as a man. I can't do anything but respect that. He  pulled something from his pocket. My heart pumped rapidly in my chest. "W-What are you doing?" I questioned.

He held a box out in his hand. "You make me a better me. You love me in ways I never allowed another female to, you motivate me, you push me...you got my back whenever." He got up from the table, getting on one knee. I covered my mouth as tears rolled down my cheeks. Is this really happening, or am I dreaming?

"London Alexandra Joe-field, will do me the honor of being my wife?" He looked up at me, waiting for an answer while he wiped his face, trying to man up. "Yes." I answered, trying to control my sobbing. "Yes a million times." I added, attacking his face with kisses. Our lips connected in a passionate kiss. I felt all these butterflies in my stomach.

We broke our kiss, feeling all kinds of emotions. Happy, excited, overwhelmed, shocked. He took the beautiful ring out the box, placing it on my left ring finger. I admired the ring holding my hand trying to get my nerves under control. I'm shaky as hell. "I love you! I love you! I love you!" I shouted, attacking his face with more kisses. "I never seen you get that emotional before." I spoke. We stood face to face, hugging each other.

"Everything came from the heart." He explained. "I loved every bit of it." I assured him. "Back at One" by Brian McKnight played on the piano. This is one of our favorite old school jams, classic R&B. "I love you so much baby." He whispered in my ear as we danced, moving at the same pace. "I love you more, baby." I responded. He kissed my neck softly. We soaked up the intimate moment. This is definitely going to be another memorable moment.

"Thank you, God for helping this man put all the bad habits behind him. Thank you for bringing me him. Thank you for our beautiful, healthy baby girl. THANK YOU." I silently prayed to myself. I am beyond grateful for the things in my life.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Like|comment|share

V O T E E E E !! ⭐️

Part ll | Chapter 12 Convos 💬
*Grabs Tissue* That Proposal Was Cute 🥺🥺 The Fact That He Expressed Himself To Her AND, Cried! We Know A lot Of Dudes Cant Relate.
Y'all Think They Ready For Marriage? Even If They've Been Together For A While??