Part II| Chapter 31

Wedding day!

(London's POV)

Waking up the next morning, I had butterflies in my stomach. Today is finally here and I'm overwhelmed, especially with the unexpected morning sickness that hit me. The wedding venue is located in New Jersey. Izaiah rented cars and vans for everyone to travel from Virginia to New Jersey. Our wedding is being held at the famous Legacy Castle. "You are going to look so beautiful, Lo." Brittany, Becky's sister and my makeup artist, assured me. "Thank you girl. I'm just nervous." I told her sitting in the chair as she did my makeup. It's 4 in the afternoon. The wedding is scheduled to start at 6pm. After finishing my makeup, EJ began laying down my black lace frontal wig.

Glimpsing over at my bridal party, I watched as Becky, Kim, and Char all got their makeup done. An hour after finish getting beautified, I snapped pictures of my face using my phone camera. My makeup is simple and flawless, as I like it.

"Come in

"Come in." I told whoever is knocking at the door. "Is everybody covered?" Dex questioned, walking in with his eyes covered. "Yes." I laughed. "Hey, London." He spoke. "Hey, thanks for coming." I told him, walking over to my travel bag. Since it's bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding, I asked Dex to do me a favor. Grabbing the black square gift box from my bag, I smiled before handing it over to him. "I need you to give this to Izaiah before the wedding." I told him.
"Y'all cute." He grinned, "He told me to give you this." Dex pulled a small blue box from his jacket.

"Thanks." I smiled. "See you later." Minutes later he went on his way. Sitting back down, I pulled the ribbon from the box. Opening the gift, I grew emotional. I couldn't help but to get teary eyed. It was a diamond silver bracelet that has my fathers name encrusted inside of it. Placing it on my wrist, it went well together with rest of my jewelry. It's a very thoughtful gift. Izaiah knows how much my dad meant to me. I was a daddy's girl. This gift is beyond perfect. I'm so lucky to have such a good man by side. Yes, he's done a lot of wrong, but he's matured, showing me that together we are stronger. We can get past just about anything that is tested in our relationship.

(Izaiah's POV)

Opening the gift box London gave Dex to give to me, I chuckled to myself. Pulling out the engraved diamond cufflinks, I read what was written. "II-XIV-MMXXI. Forever." Smiling at her thoughtful gesture, I couldn't hide the big smile that was printed across my face. Walking out of the bathroom, I watched the guys finish getting their haircuts. "Guys, exactly one hour until show time." Lizzie, our wedding planner came in informing. My nerves grew high. I guess I'm just anxious to meet my soulmate at the alter. Re-reading my vows I wrote down in my phone, I made sure I memorized everything. I spent almost 2 weeks trying to write the perfect vows, but there's no such thing as perfect vows.

It has to come straight from the heart. It has to represent how you honestly feel about the person you'll be standing across from. "Knock, knock." A familiar voice spoke walking in. Turning my head fast, blinking my eyes to make sure I wasn't tripping, my granny stood in front of me. Embracing her small frame for a hug, I inhaled her scent. "What you doing here, granny?" I questioned. She wiped her lipstick from my cheek. "I couldn't miss my grandsons wedding now. London arranged some flight plans for me. I got in the morning." Her thick southern voice spoke. This is honestly the best surprise. "I'm glad you here." I told her, pulling her in for another hug.

"Cmon boy, let me say a prayer for you." Mama Shirley said grabbing both my hands into hers. "Dear lord, thank you for giving me the strength to make it to my grandsons special day today. I ask for you to cover this young man as he steps into the life of manhood. Guide him, when he feels like things are getting rough, show him. Lord, thank you for bringing sweet, precious London into my grandsons life. She is a real blessing. Bless their hearts and cover them as they become one today, amen." She finished, fluttering her eyes open. "Amen." I cleared my throat, opening my eyes as well.

"Thank you, granny. I love you." I told her,,placing a kiss on her slightly wrinkled cheek. "I love you more chille, see you out there." Soon after, she went on her way in her all white blazer and skirt with her matching white church hat. My granny definitely came dressed for a function. I cackled to myself.

- -

You fix your make up, just so
Guess you don't know, that your beautiful
Try on every dress that you own
You were fine in my eyes, a half hour ago

"You & I" by John Legend played as London's bridesmaids helped her into her beautiful princess wedding gown. She took deep breaths in and out, looking at herself in the mirror.

If your mirror won't make it any clearer I'll
Be the one to let you know
Out of all the girls
You my one and only girl
Ain't nobody in the world tonight

"Mommy a princess." Ava giggled looking up at her mom. "Yes baby, mommy's a princess today. And so are you, my sweet girl." London told her daughter as her eyes got watery. Ava stood to the side in her beautiful blue flower girl dress. Ava told her mommy she wanted her dress to be blue, so of course she made sure it was that exact color for her daughters happiness.

"Wow

"Wow." Becky gasped, covering her mouth as she looked at her best friend in her wedding dress. London looks like a real life princess. "You look amazing L." London smiled, "Stop crying because you know I'll start." She told her best friend looking up to keep her tears from falling. "These are happy tears." Becky stated, hugging her best friend. "Everyone ready?" Lizzie's voice questioned, walking into the room. "Yeah. I-I think so." London informed Lizzie with a small smile. She's trying to keep her emotions leveled, but her hormones aren't making it very easy for her.

"It looks beautiful out there, so many guests are here." Lizzie disclosed. London exhaled as Becky handed her the bouquet. "Thank you Lizzie, for everything." London said. With the help of Lizzie and her team, London and Izaiah were able to have the wedding they desired. Watching her bridesmaids walk ahead of her, she said a silent prayer in her head. The photographer snapped pictures as she walked, smiling here and there. "This is it" She thought to herself.

                            (Wedding setup)

                            (Wedding setup)

TO BE CONTINUED...

Like|comment|share

VOTE ⭐️!!!!