Part ll | Chapter 18

(Fast forward...3 months later)
                              (Izaiah's POV)

"Mr. Velez, you need to cooperate and tell me anything you might know about the death of Tiffany Jones." Detective Martinez stressed as she questioned me about Tiffany. The closer I get to putting a bullet in Chad's dome piece is the more he pushed me. Somehow he was able to tip the police with enough information to start an investigation.

They spent weeks and months scooping out Tiffany's house that burned down. Just when I thought they would never recover her body, they did. And mother fuckers came attacking me with questions.

"For the millionth time, I don't know nothing about this. I'm just as puzzled as you are." I told detective Martinez once again. "You know the truth shall set you free." She spoke leaning in closer causing me to scrunch up my face. "The fuck that's supposed to mean? I don't know nothing about Tiffany's sudden death, trust me. If I did I wouldn't be sitting here with you right now." I stated. Detective Martinez got up, walking over to the camera the was located in the corner of the investigation room, turning it off she walked back to her seat.

Undoing her blazer button she sat up straight observing my body language. I'm about a minute away from smacking this broad. Law enforcement or not. "For a person who had such a close relationship with Ms. Jones, you're acting quite unbothered by her death." Of course I'm not bothered about her death. I killed her ass. "Y'all either going to arrest me or let me leave cause I'm done answering these fuck ass questions detective." I clenched my jaw growing annoyed. I've already been here for 3 hours.

Detective Martinez cracked a smirk but I'm far from in the joking mood. "You're free to go Mr. Velez." She trailed off before closing the file folder shut. "But you'll be back soon." She added. I shrugged her comment off leaving the room a free man. Walking out of the station I got looks from all the other detectives that sat behind their desks. I didn't think too much on how they've been focusing all their suspicions on me, but it's clear now that the best thing to do is notify my lawyer about the sudden events.

              (London's POV)

"I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that my bestie is engaged!" Becky spoke in excitement as the two ladies roamed the mall. London however,  wasn't in the jolly mood as she pushed Ava in her stroller. The fact that the detectives were questioning Izaiah had her on edge. She felt as if they knew he was guilty of something. "Bitch, are you listening!?"
Snapping back from her thoughts quickly, she nodded giving her best friend her undivided attention. "I'm still trying to wrap my head around it too." I said, giving her a faint smile.

I'm more than happy to be getting married, but as life played out right in front of me, I'm starting to have my doubts here and there. If they find anything that tied Izaiah to the murder there was a big possibility of him doing jail time. And if he didn't leave the kingpin lifestyle alone then I'd worry that the next police visit I get will be them telling me I have to go down to the coroner's office and identify his body. My mind isn't here at all. "When are you guys going to start planning the wedding?" Becky questioned, picking up some bra tops.

We roamed the intimate section looking through all the cute bras and panties Victoria secret has on sale.
"Soon. I was thinking when Ava turns one, that way she'll be able to walk on her own as our flower girl." Nodding her head in agreement, we continued looking at items in the store. As Becky combed through the bras still indecisive, I walked over to smell the body sprays and mist. After smelling about 7 different sprays I settled on only getting four.

"Excuse me?" The guy next to me spoke, turning to face me. I looked over giving him a brief smile. "Can you help me pick between these two please?" He asked, holding up the bottle of sprays in his hands. "I can't pick which one to get my girlfriend." He cackled. Smiling at his gesture of buying his girlfriend something nice, I moved my lips side-to-side, trying to pick the better spray. Coco and Glow mist or Sunset Sorbet mist? Hmm.

"This one." I pointed to the sunset sorbet scented body mist. "Thanks! You're a life saver." He stated.
Before I could walk away he stopped me. "I didn't get yo name." He said causing me to look at him like he's crazy. I didn't know giving a helping hand meant you have to exchange names. "A lending hand." I said causing him to laugh. "That's coo. I'm Wes though. Thanks again, for helping a brother." He held the spray bottle in his hand. I nodded, walking off this time. Something seemed a little weird about the dude. I hate to judge people, but it's definitely something. Little did London know she was chitchatting with the enemy, Chad.

Walking over to the register, Becky and I paid for our things. Peaking into the stroller I could see that Ava was starting to wake from her nap.

An hour later I was settled at home, tending to Ava who is clearly hungry

An hour later I was settled at home, tending to Ava who is clearly hungry. She sucked the milk out of her bottle. Baby girl is growing so fast each day right before our eyes. She's now able to hold her own bottle and sit up on her own. "You greedy mamas. Just like your daddy." I cooed at her as she finished off her bottle. Turning the channels on the tv, I let her watch bubble guppies. Every time this show is on she would wiggle moving her body, letting out big giggles.

I brushed my fingers through her soft curly wild hair as we sat down on the couch watching tv. I haven't heard a word from Izaiah since he left earlier this afternoon. He knows how I feel about being left in the dark, especially in serious situations like this so he is going to be hearing my mouth.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Like|comment|share

V O T E ⭐️

Authors note: if you read book one then you know that I changed Dex character, as shown in the picture above. I also gave you guys a look of who this Chad guy is. And I know I've been slacking with updating, but I just haven't been thinking of anything good lately 🥺 ugh. I promise ima find some good Inspo soon 💕🥰