Prologue (part 1)

The rising sun glowed, lighting the temple steps. A girl ran up to a man in a grey cloak walking forwards. She made her way to his side. "Da-" She cut herself off. He looked over at her sharply before she finished her word. "Master Skywalker?" His eyes soften. He had asked her to not call him dad during training, that it could make students think she was climbing ranks because of her relationship to him.

"Yes, Padme?" He responded. She remembered the vision she had the night before.

"Can I talk to you?" She asked. He nodded, but she realized he didn't know what she meant. "In private. It will only take a second." She finished. He put his hands behind his back and started walking. She quickly followed him.

"What is it?" He asked. He was curious as to what his daughter needed. He was always worried about her, so whenever she wanted to talk, which wasn't very often, he would make sure they did. He stopped when they turned the corner, out of earshot of the arriving students.

"Um, well," She started. She didn't know how to tell her father what she knew. "I don't know what's gonna happen," She stated. "But it will soon. And I just want to tell you not to do it." She said.

Well done Padme, that was as vague as you could have made it, Luke thought. "What?" He said instead. She realized how vague it was and tried to explain what she had felt in that dream.

"I think I had a vision in my dreams last night. All I saw was you with your saber in your hand," She said. His face stood unmoving, stuck in a confused shape. "And I didn't see why, but it led to catastrophe. So whatever it is, you can't do it."

"Padme, what do you mean?" He grabbed her shoulder softly and led her farther back. "Catastrophe?" He asked, shocked.

"Yes. The temple was on fire, there was so much pain," She inhaled sharply as an image flashed in her head. "So much darkness," She tried to keep back a tear, but she failed. "Pain. Death," Her heart felt heavy. When she blinked the tear away, her father took her into a hug. He held her and thought of what he had just been told. He was afraid, upset that his daughter had felt that. She already had dark side blood in her, he didn't want to risk losing her to the dark side as well.

"Thank you for warning me. I will keep that in mind." He assured his daughter. Just as he was letting go of her, a boy turned the corner.

"Padme?" He asked when he saw her tears, the pain in her eyes. He dropped his books next to the building and hugged her. "I felt your sadness, I came to check on you."

"Thanks, Ben. It was just a bad dream." She told her cousin.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked, letting go.

"She already did," Luke said dauntingly. He had felt darkness in Ben for quite a while. He was worried the darkness in his blood had started to manifest itself. He didn't want his daughter being with him by themselves in case Ben decided to try to turn her. When Luke said that, Ben looked at him, hurt and confused. He didn't understand why his uncle had been treating him differently recently. It made him angry. His heart sunk whenever he was told not to comfort his cousin. He loved her, and he wasn't allowed to help her. It made him furious.

Ben grabbed his backpack. "Fine. See you later, Padme." He stormed off.

"Dad! Why do you hate him so much?" She asked. He didn't know how to respond.

"I don't hate him, Padme. He's my nephew, how could I hate him?" He said.

"Never mind. I'll see you later. Love you." She said, walking away.

"Love you too," He said before she was too far away. He shrugged it off. She didn't need to know how he felt about him. It would destroy her.

He continued the day, forgetting the dream his daughter warned him about. Every time he passed Ben, he felt terrifying darkness that led him more every time to believe that he was already too far gone. He had already turned to the dark side.

He didn't want to tell his daughter, but he had a dream that night as well. He had seen Ben become something similar to Darth Vader. He saw the darkness, the death that followed that boy. He thought he needed to kill the boy before he killed innocent people. He thought by killing the boy he would save the families.

But, it wasn't that simple.