Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Hey!" The girl said, shaking him awake. He jolted up.

"Are you okay?" He asked them both. Padme nodded, but the other girl seemed taken aback. Clearly, she had never been asked that question before.

"Yeah," She reached out for Finn. "Follow me," She said. Lifting Finn from the ground. They took off towards an open field with ships in it.

"We can't outrun them!" Finn shouted. Rey pointed to a ship in front of them.

"We might in that quad-jumper!" She answered. Padme realized they were finally gonna get off that planet. Thank the force, she thought.

"We need a pilot!" He thought out loud. Seriously? What about me? She saw Finn look at herm, remembering they had a pro pilot with them, but the girl took initiative.

"We've got one!" Padme wondered where in hell she learned to pilot but realized she didn't really care, as long as they escaped.

"I mean I can too, but whatever," Padme muttered. Suddenly, another shot grazed her shoulder in the same area as before. But this time, it cut deeper.

"Ow!" She winced. Finn looked back at her but only saw more troopers following them. He noticed the ships that had joined the party were tie fighters.

"What about that ship?" Finn asked about another ship, but Padme didn't bother to look.

"That one's garbage!" She shouted, but they all soon realized one thing when the jumper exploded.

"The garbage'll do!" They changed course, running towards the so-called garbage.

"That's no garbage," Padme smiled, recognizing the Millenium Falcon. They ran after the freighter, boarding it as soon as they arrived. Padme stayed on the boarding ramp, making sure the droids caught up with them.

"Gunner position's down there!" She heard the girl shout. Padme ran inside when both droids boarded the falcon.

"You ever fly this thing?" Finn shouted to their new pilot.

"No! This ship hasn't been flown in years!" And years it had been. Padme ran to the cockpit to be the co-pilot.

"I can do this, I can do this," The girl next to her said. She pulled the controls and the engines started to roar. They slowly lifted off the ground, but the girl clearly had no control over the falcon just yet. They spun and tilted, hitting the archway they had previously run under.

"Come on, be careful!" Padme felt every scratch on the falcon hit her too. This ship was part of her family. But finally, the pilot gained control and headed out, two tie fighters hot on their tails. She headed up toward space.

"Whoa! Hey! Oh! Stay low! Stay low!" They heard Finn shout.

"What?" The pilot was shocked, as was Padme.

Stay low! It confuses their tracking!" The girl let go of controls and let the falcon freefall to the ground. Padme pushed some buttons and warned her droids.

"BB-8, Sev, hold on!"

"I'm going low!" She shouted, then they cruised mere feet above the ground. Padme tensed.

"Careful!" Padme couldn't see her uncle's ship get totaled.

"What are you doing back there? Are you ever gonna fire back?!" The girl scolded Finn.

"I'm working on it! Are the shields up?" Finn defended. Rey strains, reaching for something in the co-pilot seat.

"I got it," Padme flicked the controls for the shields, though it didn't work the first few times.

"Not so easy when they refuse to start!" Padme said, finally getting them to stay on.

"Try sitting in this thing!" Finn fired at the tie fighters, missing both times. The ship shook when one of the tie fighters hit the giant freighter. "We need cover, quick!"

"We're about to get some!" the pilot shouted. "I hope," She turned the controls to head toward a field of fallen ships.

"You can't be serious," Padme couldn't believe when she saw their course. "Okay then."

"Damn it!" Finn took many more shots but missed every single one of them. They entered into the graveyard, quickly dodging wings and outcroppings.

"Woah," Padme was so stressed. If they crashed, they were toast.

"Come on, come on," Padme heard Finn mutter, just before she heard a crash, then saw flying debris of a tie fighter.

"Nice shot!" Padme was instantly reminded of when Poe had said that exact same thing just earlier that day. He sure would be helpful right now, she thought.

"I'm getting pretty good at this!" He celebrated.

"Focus up, there's still one more on us!" Padme shouted to Finn. They dodged through the ships. All there was were ships. Another blast hit the falcon.

"The cannon's stuck in forward position, I can't move it! You gotta lose 'em!" Finn shouted to the two girls in command. Padme looked to the girl next to her and saw her thinking. Her eyes lit up with an idea, Padme only hoped it was a good one.

"Get ready!" She finally shouted.

"Okay! For what?" He didn't get a response before the plan was already in motion. The ship turned abruptly, headed straight for a fallen star destroyer.

"Oh no," Padme muttered ironically. There could not be a worse time for the new girl to show off her piloting skills.

"Are we really doing this?!" She heard Finn agree with her. Finally, someone with sense. She knew Poe would have loved this chase, Poe would have liked the Jakku girl.

The side of the falcon grazed the inner edge of the empty engine they were cruising in, spitting sparks at the tie fighter trailing them. But they were running out of space in the cruiser.

"Oh no," Padme said again. This whole thing was just so chaotic, in comparison to the order she had in the resistance. They always had a plan, whereas here, they were just winging it.

"Yeah, I agree with you on this one," The girl said before yanking on the yoke and they take a sharp right out of the ship, but the fighter is still following them. Just as Padme begins to lose it, the girl cuts all power and the ship dives, flipping forward.

"This better work, scavenger!" Padme shouted as Finn took the shot. Bingo.

"Woohoo!" The crew cheered at the top of their lungs. They were in the clear.