Chapter 4

Chapter 4

When they exited hyperspace, Poe and Padme went over the plan. They would meet the ally, obtain the map, and leave as quickly as they arrived. They could not risk the First Order catching them with the map.

"Entering the atmosphere," Poe announced. Padme concurred.

They landed just outside of the village. Sand swallowed their half of the village as they landed. The two pilots ejected their droids and climbed out of their ships. They walked by the villagers, carrying on with their duties.

A man they both recognized as Lor San Tekka made eye contact with them and walked into a small hut. The pilots followed the old man.

They walked through the opening and saw the man sitting opposite them from a fire.

"Sit," He said, beckoning them into the stools that sat next to him. They complied, walking to sit on the small chairs in the sand.

"Are you Lor San Tekka?" Padme asked, double-checking that they had the right ally. He nodded, pulling out a small pouch. He placed it in Poes hand.

"This will begin to make right. I've gone too far, and seen too much, to ignore the despair in the galaxy. Without the Jedi, there can be no balance in the Force." He said.

"Well, because of you now we have a chance," Poe said. He looked to Padme, who returned a smile, then looked back at the old ally. "The General's been after this for a long time."

"The General," He smiled. "To me, she's royalty," He said, giving a soft smile.

"Well, she certainly is that," Poe said. Suddenly, Padme felt something. A darkness. The First Order was here.

"Poe-" She started to say frantically, but BB-8 and BB-7 rolled in panicked before she could finish her sentence. Poe turned to Padme, then to Lor San Tekka.

"We've got company," He said. They all ran outside and Poe grabbed his quadnocs and looked at the sky. Padme didn't need to look to see what was coming. Stormtroopers. The First Order. Kylo Ren. She had only heard stories about the infamous Dark Jedi. She had never had the misfortune to meet him, though she feared she had now. Poe put down the quadnocs and turned to Lor San Tekka.

"You need to hide!" He said, but the old man knew better.

"You need to leave!" Lor San Tekka said. "Go!" He reiterated after the pilots hadn't moved from their spots. Poe nodded and Padme shouted her thanks as they ran to their x-wings.

"Come on, BB-8!" Poe shouted to his droid, shortly followed by Padme.

"Sev, hurry!" She shouted. The four raced to their fighters. They got in and flipped the switches, but Padme's fighter was quickly disabled with a blaster shot to the wing. She knew she was a goner. Poes x-wing was soon to follow. They looked at each other from across the way with panic in their eyes. They both looked out to see stormtroopers firing at them.

"I see them!" Poe shouted, dropping down the guns to fire back at the stormtroopers. When he blasted the troopers away, he jumped out to look at the damage. Padme left her x-wing but knew it wasn't worth looking at. She just needed to get cover, fast.

They dropped down behind Padme's fallen wing. They watched as the town was burned and the people were corralled into one area. Poe turned to BB-8 and pulled out an artifact from the black pouch in his hand.

"You take this. It's safer with you than it is with me," He put the map into BB-8's small storage compartment. "You get as far away from here as you can. Do you hear me?" He asked. BB-8 protested but rolled a bit away. He looked back at the two pilots and BB-7. "I'll come back for you!" He told his droid. Padme spoke to her droid this time.