Chapter 14

Chapter 14

He pointed at the second gang, pale faced and nervous. Padme's face fell a little when she looked at him. Her uncle was in too deep this time. Tasu spoke to them in a strange language she didn't hear often.

"Wrong again, Solo. It's over for you," Tasu Leech cocked his blaster, ready to fire. Padme stopped smiling. It was no use at this point. Han did too, and yet he still tried to negotiate.

"Boys. You're both gonna get what I promised! Have I ever not delivered for you before?" That was a silly question.

"Yeah," Bala-Tik shouted.

"Twice!" Tasu said. Han paused and counted on his fingers.

"What was the second time?" He asked. If they weren't in mixed company, Padme would have rolled her eyes all the way to Geonosis and back.

"Your game is old. There's no one in the galaxy left for you to swindle." Bala Tik interrupted him.

"Nowhere left for you to hide." Neither of the gangs seemed happy to see her uncle, and to be quite honest, neither was she.

"Those BB units," Padme flinched at Bala Tik's words. "The First Order is looking for some just like it," She wanted to get out, but his eyes drew to hers. "And three fugitives," Uh oh, Padme knew they were in a bad position, sandwiched between two gangs. She knew she was outnumbered and outgunned. It was at that moment that she swore to bring her lightsaber everywhere. But for now, while she was trapped without a weapon, she would observe and wait for the right time to attack. The BBs hid behind the humans.

"First I've heard of it," Han tried to say casually, but if you were looking for the uncertainty you would surely find it.

"Search the freighter," A Kanjiklub member started walking towards the family above. Padme stepped forward slightly and spoke up, against her better judgment.

"I'm sure we can come to some sort of agreement, right?" Her voice cracked at the last word. "Let's just talk this out, I'm sure Solo here will get your money soon-" He interrupted her with a protest.

"Padme," But she continued.

"He can get your money now! How about that?" She had no idea how they would do that, but for now, they needed a fix. The gang member's steps faltered, but it wasn't enough to stop him entirely. She knew there was no stopping them. Both clan's started to scatter. Padme felt something, something was about to happen. So, she turned to violence. The only thing she knew how to control.

"Boys, I loved our talk, but it's over," She unhooked her blaster. Turning to Han, she warned him what she felt. "We need to get out of here now!" She whispered to the old man. He turned to her with wide eyes.

"Oh really? Incredible observation!" He sneered, grabbing his blaster too. "I have a bad feeling about this," A loud and terrifying sound echoed through the halls. Roars soon followed.

"Right," Padme muttered before she turned to the members of Bala Tik's gang.

"Kill them! And take the droid!" Both gangs turned their weapons to the five in the middle.

"Bad feeling, Han, bad feeling!" Padme shouted just before a giant living ball of mucus and tentacles rolled around the corner, grabbing two members of Bala Tik's gang. The humanoids caught in the center reacted quickly and tried to run towards the other gang. Just as they started, another creature turned that corner and started attacking them.

The hall turned to chaos and Padme wished she had just stayed in the hangar. She ran to the only hallway left and the others quickly followed, hot on her heels.