Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Darkness. Black. That's all she saw. Exhaustion. Pain. That's all she felt.

Her thoughts were interrupted by something waking her. Her eyes opened to Kylo in front of her again.

"Padme please, I don't want to hurt you," Is all he said. His voice was muffled from behind his mask, yet there was a softness in his voice, a kindness. She could almost sense love, deep in his heart. The way he had said her name. She had heard it before, but it wasn't important to her then.

"You already have," She spat, only half-conscious. Her head bobbled this way and that, but she eventually was able to keep her head relatively still. Kylo Ren backed up and brought his hand up. She flinched, expecting to be hurt again. But instead, his hand went to his face. He turned around and she heard a release of pressure. His mask was removed.

"Padme, listen to me," He said. She remembered his voice from somewhere, somewhere deep in her memory. But then it clicked. She felt sick when he turned around, revealing the face of her cousin.

"Ben," She muttered, tearing up again.

"Ben is dead," He said with a straight face. But she knew he was lying, maybe even to himself.

"No, he isn't, Ben please, you can still come back!" She told him. Her face was filled with betrayal, but she loved her cousin. She was repulsed by what he had become, but she knew him. She knew his heart right now was not dark. He was still saveable. "Ben I love you, please."

"Join me May," He said. Her heart broke when he called her the nickname he had given her when they were kids. He only used it when he was hurting. "Please, we could train together, like we used to," He continued. But she shook her head.

"I couldn't join you, Be-"

"Ben is dead!" He shouted. She flinched, another tear falling down her cheek. He turned to the wall and took a quick deep breath. "Padme, join me, we can rule the galaxy together, find your father, change things!" She felt the darkness around her, in this ship, but she didn't feel that same darkness in him. She felt light, deep, buried in his soul. She knew he was confused, betrayed, hurt. She was too, but she knew one thing, she wouldn't turn on her friends.

"No," She said, pursing her lips, ready to feel pain again. But maybe seeing her in pain could help him find his way back to the light.

But instead, she saw him draw his saber. She didn't flinch. If this was what he needed to do, so be it. She closed her eyes and relaxed. She could feel the conflict in him, she just prayed it would take over. She braced herself for impact, but it never came.

She opened her eyes to see Kylo Ren again, mask on. He turned to the door and opened it, saber in hand. He gave her one last look, then turned away. Two guards replaced his presence in the room.

She waited for what felt like hours. Complete silence, apart from when Poe drifted awake.

He mumbled. "Poe?" She asked. "Are you okay?"

"Mm? Yeah, just dandy. Love torture." He fidgeted. "Best part of the job."

"Thought you lost that sarcasm, what a shame." He smiled.

"You like it," He said. She smirked.

"Maybe," She remembered they weren't alone when one of the troopers aimed their blaster at Padme.

"Shut it, rebel scum!" He spat. Padme snarled but knew she couldn't stop them if they decided they wanted to shoot them. Suddenly the doors opened to reveal another stormtrooper. From the growing energy she had, she could tell the newcomer had a trick up his sleeve.

"Ren wants the prisoners," He stated. The two troopers nodded, then left. The stormtrooper walked to Poe first and took off his restraints, making his way to Padme after. The trooper put on cuffs but didn't attach them correctly. Padme wondered why he didn't secure them, but obviously she didn't complain. She started to get strong enough to maybe break out, but she knew she wouldn't make it far with Poe in the state he was in, and she wasn't about to leave him behind. She had grown fond of the cocky bastard, and what was worse, he knew it.

They walked down the corridor with a blaster switching from each other's backs, but the trooper shoved them into a small passageway.

"Turn here," He ordered. She flinched when the blaster was shoved into her shoulder.

"Ow," She muttered. Poe turned to her to make sure she was okay. Which was funny to her, considering she was better off than he was.

They squished into a tiny area and the trooper looked into the hall, checking for followers.

"Listen carefully, you do exactly as I say, I can get you out of here," He said. Padme cokced her head.

"If - what?" Poe was confused as well. The trooper took off his helmet, revealing the face of a young man. Padme noted his looks. Damn, who knew? she thought.

"This is a rescue," He said. "I'm helping you escape. Can either of you fly a tie fighter?" He asked. Padme was incredibly confused.

"Are you with the resistance?" She asked. Why was he helping them?

"What?" He asked in disbelief. Why is he so surprised? "No, no, no! I'm breaking you out. Can you fly a tie fighter?" He seemed confused as to why we thought he was resistance.

"I can fly anything," Poe said. Padme rolled her eyes.

"Don't get too cocky, flyboy," She shot back. It was Poe's turn to roll his eyes now.

"Shut it, Skywalker," He sassed. The trooper's eyes widened at her name, but he didn't have time to ask before Poe continued his questions. "Why are you helping us?"

"Because it's the right thing to do," He tried to look dignified, but Poe and Padme turned to each other, then back at the stranger.

"You need a pilot," They both said at the same time. The other man's face contorted in confusion at their synchrony.

"I need a pilot," He finally said, smiling just a bit. The pilots smiled too, realizing they were gonna get out. After going to hell, they were gonna make it back.

"We're gonna do this!" Padme said. Poe turned to her.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Yeah," The trooper answered.