. imperfect chaos .

'How can someone look cute turns to be fearless?'

The chaotic encounter engraved Jisoo Kim's name in Jinyoung's mind. It was a bitter pill to swallow - to be beaten twice on the same day by the same person. Even having a strong drink in hand, surrounded by loud music couldn't distract him from his defeat.

"I'm surprised that I'm still alive with no single bruise on my face because of your stupid fight, Hyung." Yugyeom's voice broke Jinyoung's silent bubble. "Seriously though. You should have apologized instead of these nasty moves you did."

Jinyoung glanced up with an amused smirk on his face. "I don't apologize Yugyeom. You will take back your words once she becomes my new girl."

Yugyeom clicked his tongue in disagreement. "I highly doubt it after your knockdown. Behave," Jinyoung replied with a scoff, looking ahead.

"Whatever. I won't let her go off my list." With firm statement, he tucked his left hand into his pocket, remembering the absent headphones. Then, with a sweeping gesture of his right hand, he pushed the glass aside.

His throat was now burning with an intense bitterness and yet he was still sober, his thoughts growing even more powerful and difficult to process.

"Jinyoung, my son." His hands trembled when he heard the voice. He leaped from the wooden stool, panic starting to set in. Unable to respond to his friend's call, he sprinted towards the back of the bar. The neon lights blurred his vision. He barely managed to open the rusty metallic door; his legs were weak, barely able to hold him as he leaned against a frigid wall.

'Shit, you need to breathe.' A part of his mind screamed against the loud voices choking him. His vision was getting blurry, forcing him to have his eyes shut. 'F-focus.' he begged his last ounce of consciousness.

'1...2...3...4...5' With unsteady inhalations and exhalations, he struggled to regain his composure. He felt the time pass until eventually he was able to shake off the demonic voices that haunted his mind. Thankfully, he managed to ride out the episode without a trip to the hospital bed.

His phone vibrated inside his pockets; he weakly fished it out. "Jinyoung, I have bad news for you." His friend said with excitement. "You need to come back to the dorm. You got a roommate."

"Stop lying. I won't leave the party." Jinyoung let out a disgruntled sigh, wishing that the news of his having a roommate was nothing but a joke. There was just no way that he would share his space with someone else.

"I'm not l---" His friend's voice was abruptly interrupted by an unfamiliar voice. "Hi, it's your new roommate and I need the key."

'Someone wakes me up from this nightmare.' Jinyoung rubbed his face in frustration. "Something is wrong. I can't have a roommate."

"Solve this with dorm's management. For the night, I'm your roommate and I need your key till I get mine tomorrow morning." the unannounced roommate said in a stern voice.

"I don't care. I'm not going home tonight. Find another place,"

"Don't force me to follow the rules. You are past the dorm's curfew. One call will get you in trouble." Jinyoung rolled his eyes, hearing the stranger's threat.

"Bold of you. I will make sure this will be your last damned night in my room."

"Thank you Jaebum," his voice sounded far. "Jinyoung, don't be stubborn. He is waiting." Jaebum spoke in a gentle tone, trying to be soothing. Just then, he heard someone's name in the background, and before he said anything else, he paused. "Jisoo Kim, you aren't leaving alone without us."