. forced friendships .

'Is this really how lovesick is like?'

Jisoo wondered, leaning against the white headboard. She was hugging her fluffy pillow, her chin resting on it as she watched the girl sitting close to her, Lisa. She didn't need to look over her friend's phone to know what the short-haired pal was worried about minutes ago or how the worry had changed into a hint of sadness or possible disappointment.

Lisa threw the phone, cupping her oval face to hide her frustration.

"I'm doomed." The words were muffled, but still clear for Jisoo to catch.

"What's wrong?" Jisoo asked with the answer in her mind.

"That's the problem. I have no idea what's wrong with me and BamBam."

Bingo, it was BamBam.

Their push and pull dynamics with denial blurry lines were at their peak. Everyone could see how much they were whipped for each other except them.

They believed their friendship was normal when it was 180 far from it. Lisa would spend her nights sleepless waiting for BamBam to arrive or reply after his hectic days. She would run errands for him without him asking, or make sure he never missed a meal.

Meanwhile, BamBam would stare at her like she was a star with a smile never leaving his face. He would barrel out of classes or cancel meetings if he heard that she got sick or was not in the mood add to that another million cringe acts exclusive for married couples.

Who looks at each other like that and calls whatever these actions were as "things friends do" except idiots?

Jisoo got them at first, but at a certain point, everything became harder to understand when she noticed the glint of pain and jealousy in Lisa's eyes when BamBam's new friend Minnie started tagging him everywhere and being the young heirs of large businesses in Thailand led to rumors spreading of them being a couple of the country.

Rumors of the arising couple had the tiny piece of jealousy bang Lisa's feelings and insecurities at once, leaving her confused and lost with longing fear of losing her best friend. She had been avoiding BamBam for days with no explanation, yet her head would snap whenever his name was mentioned.

Jisoo couldn't help but let out a long helpless sigh, throwing the pillow to the side as she moved next to her friend, throwing a hand over her friend's shoulder. Lisa rested her head against Jisoo's shoulder, her silky blonde hair curtained over the girl's collarbone.

"I feel like this Minnie princess is slowly replacing me and logically speaking, she fits BamBam. They look like a power couple." Her voice went lower, a bit broken as her slender fingers fidget on the paws of her grey sweater. "I--- I thought I would be happy for him for finding his soulmate, but...my heart is acting weird and a part of me doesn't like the fact that the soulmate isn't me, which is crazy. Because this isn't how I should feel about him."

Lisa didn't cry, but Jisoo could listen to her broken heart weakly beating and the loud noises inside the poor girl's head. She hugged the girl's side harder before patting her head like it would ease the pain and the confusion.

"Lisa, you need to talk to him about all these feelings. You deserve to let these feelings out than him. BamBam won't let you go this easily; he can't even stop calling you or sending you messages because he is worried sick about you. Give him a chance, maybe he likes you too."

"I don't like him, Jisoo. I can't like him." Lisa mumbled the words in fear and denial as she continued. "What if he doesn't like me? I will lose him on the spot, and I can't, Jisoo."

"You won't lose him. The way you are running away by avoiding him will make you lose him in a very bad way with nothing clear and both of you hurting. At least when you talk things out, it will be a proper goodbye if it goes south, and this is like zero percent chance."