. revelations .

"I'm not yours,"

It came out of Jisoo's mouth flat, emotionless as her disappointed eyes crossed his shocked ones. She swayed her hand off his tight grip harshly before pushing his phone to his solid chest, but he was quick to place his hand over hers.

For a moment, time stopped, the music faded, and the crowd disappeared except the man she was staring at. His doe eyes reflected his feelings like a deer caught in the headlights, speechless as if a cat caught his tongue, and after days of worry and anxiety, Jisoo neither tolerated nor had the energy to dig for excuses, nor to understand what was behind his actions. So, she let her small hand slip off his hold for the second time, breaking the eye contact as everything revived back to motion.

"Why are you here, Jisoo? It is dangerous. You need to stay behind--"

"I was a fool to think you changed. Mark was right, I should stay away,"

"Jisoo, let's talk---"

She could not let him finish; she was too far gone to hear his voice without punching his face. She passed him as the exit door was no longer in sight, blocked by the stubborn pervert to show off another failed flirting attempt.

The man leaned closer, licking his lips. "Trouble in paradise? Why don't I help you forget all about him?"

In Jisoo's defense, he asked for it. She smiled innocently, wrapping her slender arms around his neck as her hand went up to his hair. "You never listen to warnings, don't you?"

The smirk glued to the stranger's cocky face turned into confusion that quickly was replaced by pain as she pulled his her harshly, his neck arched in a painful twist and before he could register the turn of events, she kicked his knee brutally as her punch in his nose knocked him to the ground.

The man's loud groan silenced the crowd, all triggered by the unusual scene. Giving the man one last disgusted glare before turning to her partner one last time.

"You forgot who I am. I never did or will need you, Park Jinyoung."

"The lecture is over. Please do not forget to submit your projects before the deadline, no excuses will be accepted."

The professor's announcement brought Jisoo back to the university hall from her long deep stare at the blank notebook page. The pen dropped on the wooden bench; her fingers were numb from the uncomfortable position she had them on. She watched the pen dancing to her phone's vibration with her screen flashing with every message sent by Jinyoung.

'Stop ignoring me and avoiding my texts, Kim Jisoo' - Jinyoung

'Why are you so dramatic?' - Jinyoung

'I can see you, we need to talk anyway' – Jinyoung.

She cursed him under her breath, shoving her abandoned stuff back into her backpack.