. picnic and friends .

Unexpected friendships are the best ones.

In Jisoo's case, it was hard to believe. Despite the two months she had been in Seoul, there hadn't been much progress in forming new friendships at college. It was difficult and being Jinyoung's rival partner drained her of energy. It was lonely not having a roommate to talk to or share a meal with at the end of the day, but seeing Mark's misery always made her shrug the thought off with a lingering hope of finding good friends or a peaceful roommate.

At first, that beautiful wish sounded impossible. On a beautiful sunny day painted with fluffy clouds, Youngjae proposed a picnic near Han River. Jisoo felt the refreshing wind brushing against her face and the sweet fragrance of flowers that swept away all her worries. The atmosphere seemed perfect until she opened her eyes to see him.

The man, with fair skin, was wearing a pristine white shirt and olive green shorts with an aesthetically pleasing camera casually hung from his neck, looking like he was ready for a beach party. The intensity of his gaze behind the dark glasses made her shiver. They had been brought together by fate again so soon after the failed flirtation attempts fight from the day before.

"Vintage beret suits you, pretty Jisoo-ya." Jinyoung's wicked grin showed his enjoyment of getting on her nerves. "With your toffee-colored autumn dress, it looks like a date."

She rolled her eyes, taking a step closer with a flirtatious smile. "Too bad you are the only one falling,"

"Are you sure? Your red ears say otherwise." His index finger pointed at her warm ears.

"Don't flatter yourself. It's cold." With her slender fingers, she tried to conceal the blush in her deer-like ears by ruffling her hair.

"Jisoo, can you help—Oh? Jinyoung, Hello!" Youngjae smiled brightly, approaching the man with open arms, who dodged them perfectly. "We aren't friends. Stay away." Jinyoung greeted him back with a glare.

"What do you mean? You are here, so starting this moment, we are." The otter's pout turned to a mischievous smile, capturing the man in a tight hug.

"We will never be. Get off me, kiddo!" Jinyoung's huff made Tom step out of the blue tent. His eyebrows creased in annoyance when he saw Jerry, completely taken aback by the fuss. "Why are you here?"

"Why are you here, Mark?" He mimicked his roommate's question. "Don't start. I don't want to ruin the day."

"Well, good for you. Because mine is already ruined by your presence. Where's Jaebum?" Jinyoung's lips curled inwards.

"Jinyoung, you came!" Upon turning around, he saw his friend with a big grin, carrying two boxes of pizza. "I can't believe you tricked me into joining this!" Jinyoung whispered, not so quietly.

"It isn't like we are dying to have you here. Go to your lame parties!" Mark was ready to begin their daily dispute, hissing in anticipation.

"Tom and Jerry. Did you lie about your truce? The sight of the blonde-haired girl caused Mark to stop his angry pouting immediately, replacing it with pleasant smile lines.

"What's she doing here?" The fight and Jinyoung's confusion were forgotten, leaving him lost.

"Rose, hey..." Mark greeted the girl warmly, removing the red checkered blanket from her hands.

"Hey... Thank you for the invitation." Mark, feeling a bit nervous, shook his head lightly and began rubbing his neck with one hand. Sensing their friend's awkwardness, Jisoo and Youngjae walked closer to the girl.

"Hello, Rose. It's nice seeing you again. I'm Jisoo and this Youngjae." Instead of accepting Jisoo's handshake, Rose shocked her with a friendly side hug.