. panicked lines .

Panic.

Mark was pacing in his room, hands on his waist. Jinyoung collapsing on him wasn't the best thing to encounter after a rough day. Youngjae didn't respond to his texts. Jisoo was stuck in a chemistry lab but promised to come later.

A knock on his door made his heart pound faster. He rotated the doorknob, revealing the blonde-haired supervisor.

"Mark, Can I come in? Jisoo called."

"Oh, He passed out and isn't responding." He bit his lips, tracking her movements. She was checking his wrist's vitals and breathing calmly, unlike his panic.

"Hello! Shouldn't we call an ambulance? Let's take him to the hospital. I'm talking to you, hello?" The girl was ignoring him, focused on checking Jinyoung like she was a top-notch doctor.

"He is okay, probably from fatigue. The doctor will come to run some tests and make sure he is okay."

"Dr. Rose figured that after checking his vitals? I will take him to the hospital." Mark didn't mean to mock her, it just slipped out.

Rose responded to his mockery with an assuring smile. "Future doctor." She corrected. "And the current supervisor who is responsible. You need to calm down. He will be fine."

Mark found himself taking a deep breath to calm down. He ended up sitting next to her. His tapping feet grabbed the girl's attention. "He will be okay. Weren't you fighting over nothing until yesterday?" She teased him.

"He is an asshole, but I won't be happy to leave him in this state," Mark responded, his hands clenching on his knees to stop his legs. "Oh. Such an angel." She chuckled. "I never asked. What's your major?"

"Computer engineering, a sophomore." He answered, glancing at the door to see any sign of the doctor.

A delicate finger snapped to catch his attention. Her unique double eyelids above her eyes touched up her innocence while her playful smile and light giggles were distracting his anxiousness.

"You are really worried, huh? You didn't even ask me back?"

"Huh?" Mark's stutter made her giggle. "I'm a third-year medical student."

"Sorry for being late. Is there anything serious?" The doctor appeared, saving Mark from his awkwardness.

"Fatigue. Can you check on him to make sure?" Rose politely asked the doctor, helping him out.

"Sorry for calling instead of the ambulance. He made a fuss last time."

"He collapsed like that before?" Mark asked in confusion. "I'm not sure if this is frequent, but it occurred in his first semester," Rose explained with a sigh, sadness clear in her eyes.

"He needs a good rest. I put on a cannula so you can inject fluids or medication to stabilize his condition if he gets worse." The doctor informed Rose, who nodded in understanding.

"Thank you,"

After the doctor left the duo, Mark found himself confused, half-relieved, and half-worried. Rose tried to distract him with little chats from time and time until Jisoo arrived, breathing heavily like she was sprinting to the room.

"What happened? Is he okay?" She asked the moment her eyes fell on Jinyoung. Mark swallowed the fear of the possibility that this worried look might have been something more than a shock because of the incident.

"He is sleeping, nothing to worry about." he answered, glancing at the familiar, black-leathered jacket she was holding tightly. "Why do you have his jacket?" His sudden stern voice shocked the two girls.