. movie night II .

I still see you every sunset.

Never in a million years did Jaebum expect that his fate could be more painful. He had prayed day and night to see the girl who had stolen his heart, only in his dreams or their memories at sunset.

Life getting better was temporary, and fate was a sly fox who struck him right in his heart.

He was next to Youngjae, scrolling through his phone to pick the movie to watch.

"Jennie, Hi. Oh, I'm coming."

The name shouldn't have affected him, but it did. He shook his head, focused on the long list he should pick from.

Youngjae chose a movie called Frozen, thinking it would suit an adult movie night for an unknown reason, but no one could reject an otter.

"Everyone says hello to Jennie Kim, Jisoo's new roommate."

"Hello. I'm Jennie Kim." It was short, but significant enough to have Jaebum's heart drop. Blood running cold the moment he looked up.

In the middle of the crowd, two pairs of eyes met. As if time stopped to make sure they hear their hearts shutter into pieces, his trembling hands dropped the phone without breaking eye contact.

"Are you okay, Hyung?" Youngjae's whisper pulled him back to reality, and he nodded. He bent down to grab his phone, and a message popped up from his best friend.

'Nauseous?'–Jinyoung.

He feigned assurance to his suspicious friend, watching him intently. It might have been a good excuse to leave or run to gain control of his mixed emotions, but his body and mind were frozen.

"Jaebum, catch your beer."

His eyes betrayed him once again; instead of looking at Yugyeom, they diverted to her magnetic ones for a few stolen seconds.

"Pass me this, Gyeom. Jaebum doesn't drink." Jinyoung backed him up, throwing another worried glance at him.

"We are working."

"You are working, I'm not."

"Aren't we in this project together?"

"So, let's get drunk together or Can't you handle alcohol, Jisoo-ya?"

Jaebum faintly heard the silly fight that somehow got replaced with the voices of the movie mixed with hushed conversations. Concentrating on the animation was a challenge as his mind raced with memories of Jennie and an overwhelming array of thoughts. Questions flooded his consciousness, making it difficult to focus.

Out of all places. Why is she here?

Did she leave her grandmother behind?

Is she okay?

She looks pale.

Did my parents recruit her to follow me?

Why? Why? Why?

Overwhelmed by painful emotions, the urge to run, scream, or paint aggressively, Jaebum was drowning in dangerous feelings from the past. To save himself, he left the room without a word.

He found himself in the kitchen with a glass of water in his hand and his medicine held by the other.

"Get your shit together, Lim Jaebum." He hissed at himself, slipping a pill into his mouth before gulping the water.

"I'm glad that you stopped drinking." He didn't need to turn to recognize the voice behind him; it was neither far nor close, but five meters away was enough to make him impulsive, gulping the water with another pill even though he shouldn't.