. ex and chips .

'You have no idea how bad it gets.'

Jinyoung felt his heart down his feet with Jaebum's words in mind as his trembling hands clenched on the orange cylinder filled with pills that he stumbled upon once he pushed the opened door.  His shaky legs made it to the long-haired boy who was sprawled on his bed.

"Jaebum." He called his friend, patting his friend's back carefully.  "Jaebum, you stupid shit. Wake up." His patting turned into shakes as he rolled his friend over his back.

"Jaebum," he yelled, pushing back the sudden rush of the worst cases scenarios. With another violent shake, his best friend opened his eyes weakly, looking at him numbly.

"Good, stay with me," Jinyoung begged, looking for a bottle of water. He opened it with his shaky hand while his arm supported the back of Jaebum's head. The water slid into the shivering boy's dry mouth as some drops ran from his jaw and neck to his t-shirt.

"Jinyoung, what are you doing here?" Ignoring Youngjae's question, he took off his friend's shoes before covering him with a blanket.

"Is he okay?"  Youngjae his voice filled with worry as he got closer to check on Jaebum himself. Jinyoung closed his eyes before turning to the annoying roommate of his friend.

"He is fine. Go to your classes or something."

"I'm not going anywhere; he is obviously sick."

"Youngjae, it isn't the time to argue over this."

"You think I believe your lies? What are you hiding?" It was the first time to see Youngjae angry without his annoying wide smile, irritated.

Jinyoung knew that was coming. The strangers would have questions that needed unwanted answers they had been desperately hiding. The lies should have been in his mind to save him from the demanding gaze on him but vanished within the million worries about Jaebum.

The phone buzzed in his black hoodie pocket. Jisoo's name was there as he slid right, ignoring Youngjae as he slid down to the floor next to his friend.

"Where are you? I'm in the café." Jisoo reminded him of their early planned meetup to enjoy coffee to celebrate their work's successful submissions.

"Enjoy the coffee alone." His voice was cold enough to make her silent for a few seconds.

"Did something happen? Your voice---" He cut her off with a mocking scoff, looking at Jaebum. "Like you will fix it if you know."

"Of course, I will help if I can---" His hissing made her stop, neither believing a word nor ready to hear another delusional talk.

"I don't need your help. I warned you before, don't act like you care. Stop being a nuisance like your friends. You all... will disappear eventually so mind your own business." His voice almost trembled as he clutched the phone tighter before hanging up.

A pinch on his chest punished him for lashing out at his nosy partner, yet it was nothing compared to his aching heart at the only person that mattered to him in his cursed life, his hope and promise to live in the present, Jaebum.

All Jaebum wished for was a normal life without manic or depressive episodes or the shitty medicines he would take to keep him sane. It felt unfair to swallow the pills to live your days only after suffering from fatigue, nausea, and a dry mouth like you had never drank water in your life and all of that were described in a sentence as side effects.

'How many years will take you to be finally free, Jaebumie? I'm so angry at the world, feeling helpless not to give you what you wish for.' He couldn't think out loud with Youngjae behind him so all he could do was to stay next to his friend like he would always do.