•Cartina Love•

Chapter 8: Cartina Love. (Part 1)

One Week Later

"Teddy, just make sure to be at the restaurant at 8 o clock sharp. You know how hard it is to get a reservation at this place." O.J told his son as he watched Polo swim down the pool at practice. Kat wasn't playing her nephew is a beast in the water. Reminded O.J himself.

"Dad, ill be there. I have to help Romeo with some shower renovations after school and then Ill shoot to the house to change. Anything else? Want to tell me what to wear?" Teddy asked sarcastically as he waved at Maya to come over and get the Chicken Salad he brought for her. She walked over and grabbed the salad and said, "Thank you, cousin. Hey I may need a ride after school...I kind of lied"

"Lied to who?" Teddy asked her as he hung up the phone. She took a deep breath and confessed, "My Dads I said I was going up to the Manor with you so you can help me with Math. They are lowkey beefing right now so if they call you just say I am with you."

"Beefing why? And where do you want me to take you?" Teddy asked her as Maya shrugged, "I don't know they been at each other's for weeks now. And to a friends house..." she vaguely stated as Teddy tried to read her and then he exhaled and said, "Alright. Be at my car not a second late...I have a busy afternoon." She hugged her cousin and ran off as she pulled her phone out and went to the Tinder app and replied to a boy.

"See you after school. 🥰."

Knock
Knock
Knock

The townhouse door opened and Kat stepped out dressed to the nine in a rush. She spotted Juan and then over his shoulder she spotted Julian Jr. in the passenger seat of Juan's car.

"Are you C.P.S? If so you have wasted your time because I already have taken his little brother in and I cant have a conversation because I am headed to a photo shoot for my company." Kat told him before she was about to step down her concrete steps. Juan stepped in front of her and placed his hands out in front of her.

"Actually I am FBI. I was actually apart of the case that crumbled the Ruiz Cartel."

"Great and why didn't you send that little delinquent to jail with his father. Trust me being the ugly duckling in our family is actually a blessing. My nephew, Polo, and I are that and are blessed. I saw my first dead body at age 4. I spent more Saturday's  at funerals then I did at tea parties. So don't squint your eyes passing judgment at me. You don't know me." She snapped at Juan as he grabbed her arm and said, "And I was left at my parents door in the cold....at a few months old. People that had no obligation of raising me became the best thing to ever happen to me and I don't know where I would be if they put me in the system. Julian is lost."

"And I hope you help him on his way of being found..now I have to go." Kat snapped before snatching away and rushing across to her car. She screamed as she hit the steering wheel before calling her assistant.

"Tell Oliander I am on my way to his shoot in Grizzly Park. I had an unwanted visitor." Kat told her before speeding off.

Juan walked over and got back in his car as he saw Julian Jr. leaning in the backseat placing Legend pacifier back in his mouth.

"Let me guess...its not happening. I told you the type of bitch she is...has always been. Polo told me she wouldn't be with it..you can just take me to the nearest bus stop and Ill-."

"And you'll what? Go searching under any rock you can find for a gang or something to take you in...fuck no! You are going back to the house I wont be responsible for it. But first I have to go and pick my Dad up from the airport—."