•Cartina Storm•

Chapter 17: Cartina Storm.

"You have one lucky fiancé the bullet hit no major arteries or organs. We went in smoothly and took it out. I am so sorry It took so long for me to come out here he is actually awake and asking for you." The doctor told D as he rushed down the hallway holding Deejay's hand.

D walked into the door first and Miguel spotted him and quickly spoke, "Its Adrian. I caught him"

"Don't worry about that. He was taken down. Juan caught him coming out." D told him as he rushed over and grabbed his face before kissing his lips.

"Eww my breath stinks." Miguel said laughing as D told him, "I don't care. You have to stay out of this place. We cant be married and every month you want to scare me half to death with these surgeries and shit. Promise me."

"I promise now can you move so I can hug your Dad." Miguel told him as D moved to the side and Deejay corrected, "I am soon-to-be your Dad too." Deejay hugged him and said, "Let me call everyone and tell them you are fine."

"That is good. Tell him ill bring by some of those bagels we like down there tomorrow. Dad, ill call you back-Tiana is crying and I am coming up to the loft."

"Lunch tomorrow." My dad told me as I hung up and quickly pushed her stroller up to the door. I went to digging around in my bag as she started screaming even louder. I grabbed the keys as I heard Roman loft door slide open. I looked back at him and apologized quickly. It was ten o clock at night.

"Its fine, you need help."

"If you are actually going to help and not cuss me out. Unlatch her and rock her as I ready her bottle. Its wayyy past her bed time." I told him as I slid the door open and rushed into my room as he strolled her inside. I quickly readied a bottle and came back and asked for him to hand her to me but instead he reached out for the bottle. I handed it to him and he placed it in her mouth and Tiana went quiet. She grabbed  it with her hands and I laughed, "You can lay her down on the couch. She holds her on." He went over and laid her down as I went into the kitchen and popped on the fridge. I grabbed my bottle of Pink Moscato and he asked, "Its been a day, huh?"

"Yes. Its been a last two days. I need a glass or four." I told him as I grabbed my wine glass and offered him one.

"Yes Ill have a glass. Something happened down at the club we are closed tomorrow."

"Yes Miguel was shot by a bartender trying to rob the place. He fine and that bartender was arrested." I told him as I poured up the glasses as he exhaled and drank some. I licked my lips and spoke, "Look Roman what I was trying to tell you before you wouldnt let me get a word in edgewise was yes I had a slip up with my Babydaddy....and I didnt need to tell you that because to be honest we havent even went out on a date. But I am an open book and you deserve someone that is upfront—as I think everyone should be."

"And I fucked a hostess last week after work....Dream it wasn't about you doubling back it was about him coming to me as if yall was about to give the family thing another chance."

"Which isn't the case at all! Marckus and I are done. I cant ever move forward in life if I keep on going backwards. It was a low point and I regret it but I would loveee for you to take me out on a proper date."  I offered as he smirked and showed off those pearly white teeth and said, "Ill like that very much."

"GOOD!" I shouted as I looked over and saw Tiana knocked out cuddling her bottle.

"She is out like a light. Let me go put her down." I said as he moved with me and said, "I got it." I threw my hands up and stated, "her room has the big T on it." He quickly went over and picked her up as I watched him handle her with care. I finished my glass quick and poured up a new one as I saw a FaceTime call coming in from Olyver. I quickly answered and said, "Yes Olyver."