12

RICHARD 'RICKY' BOWEN

"Dude, what did she say? Why are we leaving?" Big Red asked with an abundance of questions. He was running after me to try and catch up but it was no use I was already in too bad of a mood.

"Because Operation Troy was a huge mistake. It just made things worse." I said annoyed and irate.

"There you are!" Carlos screamed waving his hands in the air out of breath "Miss. Jenn wants everyone back in the room." He said finally.

"Tell Miss Jenn I'm done. Okay? Sorry, I can't dance like Fred Rogers." I sighed throwing my arms around annoyed at myself.

"It's Fred Astaire. Fred Rogers is Mister Rogers. He never danced, he potty-trained puppets." Carlos sighed but I genuinely didn't care, everything he was saying was going straight over my head.

The same could not be said for my best friend who gasped,

"Seriously? I was impressed they made dolls that could cry."

"Ricky, please, you have to-" Carlos started but I couldn't hear it anymore. I was done with theatre, done with high school musical and Troy Bolton I was done with it all.

"Nini's right! I'm taking up space. I don't belong on stage." I paused to think about the way she shouted and then at how I'd also affected Lennon "Lennon was right when she said it's blatantly obvious I don't want to be here, it's because I don't!"

"So untrue, you-"

"Save it, Carlos. You don't want me in this. If I go back, Nini will probably quit. And you need her a lot more than you need me." I snapped at him and then I couldn't take anymore so I turned from the small skinny boy and began to walk away.

"Do you wanna come to my house? Or I can go to yours." Big Red asked running to catch up again, I know he only did it because he cared about me so I felt bad for refusing.

"Nah, it's weird there right now." I admitted with a small shake of my head.

"Is your mom back from Chicago yet?" He questioned as I paused my walking.

"No and I don't think she's there just for work." I said again with a sad smile and Big Red looked at me confused as if he wasn't understanding what I was implying.

"Why would she wanna be there?" He asked me and I laughed but it was sarcastic,

"Because my dad's not."

"Well if you wanted to we could-"

God I felt so guilty he only wanted to be there as a friend to support me.

"Look Thanks, bro, really. I just need some alone time, okay?" I asked and he nodded as if he understood but I knew I'd hurt him, I'd just have to add it to the long list of people.

I set my skateboard down on the floor and began to wheel away.