13

LENNON RAE PHILLIPS

I couldn't help but stay silent I know I should've said something when Carlos approached me to tell me that Ricky had quit.

Maybe he thought that we were actually friends and that I could get him to come back. But actually I think I was the reason he quit, that and Nini obviously.

It can't be easy acting like you're in love with your ex, actually it sounds like probably one of the most gruelling tasks ever.

I followed Carlos into the library, he took a seat at a computer desk and I sat next to him, I think I wanted to ask him follow up questions but no words were coming out my mouth.

"Why'd he quit?" I managed out when things went quiet.

"Nini... you" he said giving me a scowl, he didn't look too happy with me, maybe that's because I'd started following him around like a lost puppy.

"Did you try to get him back? Like have you contacted him?" I asked again, scratching my neck, I couldn't think of one good reason as to why I was so goddamn bothered about Ricky Bowen.

"We tried, Lennon" Carlos sighed "You're just going to have to deal with E.J" he said in a low tone and I scoffed.

"I'd rather put hot pins in my eyes than deal with E.J" I said rolling my eyes before putting my hands on my knees and looking at my nails all whilst Carlos blatantly ignored my presence.

Truthfully I didn't think that E.J was that bad, it's just every one else did so I attempted to play that to my advantages.

After ten minutes I was just about ready to leave him alone, obviously he wasn't all too fond of me at the moment.

That's until something small and hard was thrown our direction, it bounced off of the desk and hit me and the second one hit Carlos.

When we both looked up Ricky was stood just peeking from within one of the book shelves. He motioned his head and told us to follow so naturally, we did.

"If you plan on assaulting me I have to warn you my mother plays Bunko with the librarian and we will press charges" Carlos said upon arrival.

I hit Carlos in the arm as if to tell him to shut up and Ricky laughed, his eyes travelled from Carlos to me and then he softened into our gaze.

"I wanna show you something, okay? Check it out" he smiled moving further back, so both I and Carlos moved forward intrigued.

And then all of a sudden the boy began to dance and I mean he really had footwork in there.

"Wow you've been practicing. I thought you quit" Carlos gasped.

"You did quit" I said under my breath but my reaction barely got a glance out of him.

"Not doing that anymore" he said towards quitting and I raised a brow slightly impressed and very shocked. "I'm still not sure on this last part" he admitted before shaking his fingers.

"You're doing spirit fingers. I want jazz hands" Carlos laughed.

"Yeah Ricky" I teased and he shot me a look with a twitching smirk.

"Jazz hands, okay" he said taking it on board and following out the routine again only better than the last time leaving Carlos almost speechless.

"Ricky that's it" he smiled and Ricky proudly bent double to smile into a crouch.

Carlos headed round the corner probably to inform Miss. Jenn that their star basket ball player was back.

I leant against the book shelf and folded my arms across my chest.

"You worked hard on that, huh?" I asked and he nodded rolling his eyes.

"All night you have no idea" he paused and stood back up, he advanced a little towards me and sad smiled "look I'm sorry for raising my voice at you"

"It's chill" I said holding my hands up in surrender "No need to get soppy, I'm just strangely glad that you're not quitting. Don't think I could cope with E.J he might use all the hair spray on set and then what?" I joked and he laughed too.

"I'm glad I'm back too" he admitted and I pulled a face that meant I was pleasantly surprised.

"So Big Red really swayed you to come back or did Nini write you another song?" I teased and he nudged my arm as if to tell me to stop.

"Actualllyyyy" he laughed "it was Gina"