43

LENNON RAE PHILLIPS

I ran backstage after the song had finished and jumped on top of Ricky he caught me mid air and spun me around.

"I'm so freaking proud of you!" I shouted kissing his cheek with every syllable.

I quickly realised what I was doing and pulled away but he was smiling from ear to ear and he leant in and kissed my nose and I burnt so red.

"Cmon it's the final scene, I do believe I've got a closing line to say" he smirked picking fun at our last scene together that had lead to us almost kissing back in the tech rehearsal.

The band was playing and he rushed me forward to do the scene as usual through all of it my heart began to flutter and he even went off script to give my cheek a quick kiss before shooting a hoop with the basketball between my hands.

Everyone was bowing and the crowd was cheering, I was ordered to go last so I waited back stage until Ricky and Nini both did theirs and then they stood back and started to clap.

And just as had been done in the original, I took centre stage and bowed as I should.

And then I had to do the only dance choreography I had learnt the whole time, and god was it worth it because the exhilaration thrill I received during it was immense.

Miss. Jenn was rushed onto the stage to say her infamous line and Ricky grabbed my hand to pull me into his side as she said it.

"This is kinda the best?" He asked in almost a question squeezing me into his side.

"Oh honey wait until you see what I picked for the spring musical" she smirked looking at us two and I leant my head further into Ricky.

I turned him to look at his parents, that including Todd and much to my surprise his dad sent over a wave.

"That ones for you" Ricky whispered in my ear and so I waved back my smile starting to grow every passing second if that was even possible.

And then the confetti blew and we all looked up into the sky and then up to Big Red who sent us a thumbs up.

I was happy.

In fact I think that if I could've bottled that day, it's label would have had to have said happiness.