t w e l v e - rewind

Author's note
Sorry for not updating for a while. This chapter is slightly longer and slightly different from the others.
I hope you guys like it, I've worked really hard on coming up w/ be ideas!

-- 

So give me your worst excuses, any reason to stay✨

 ran into my room and flopped onto the bed. Tears started pouring out like waterworks.

How could say shit like that? Didn't he know that super cringey sweet stuff like calling me precious and princess, is what made me fall for him in the first place?

Ugh, and not to mention that while my suppressed feelings were coming to the surface, I had a boyfriend. Someone who cared about me, enough to fight another guy.

But what he said was horrible, I know he said it out of anger because he thought I had feelings for Ash, but it's still unacceptable. Even though, every word he said was the truth.

Yes, I couldn't stop thinking about Ash, even after he kissed Sophia. Yes, I do care more about Ash than Drew, even though I hate to admit it.

So now, I had to choose. I could either mend my relationship with Drew or start a new one with Ash.
Ahhh, I couldn't. I liked Drew because of how kind and caring he was.
I liked Ash because he was funny and supportive and well, he was Ash.

--
At that very moment, I got a call from Drew. I debated whether to pick it up or not.

"What the fuck do you want now? Wanna insult me even more?" I asked.

" Al, I'm sorry, I really am. I didn't mean any of the things I said. I was just scared that you would realize that Ash was better for you and then you would leave me."

I felt so guilty, how could I play him like this?

He continued on, " The only reason I didn't want you to meet my parents is because they are the worst people. My mom is always out for brunches and galas, she's a socialite who doesn't give two shits about her family.

My dad is always away on business trips and he never comes home. My mom suspects that he's cheating on her, but she will never do anything about it because it will damage her perfect reputation."

"Oh my god, Drew. I had no idea about all this. I'm sorry for the things I said too. But I want to be honest with you, the things you said really affected me and I think we should take a break. At least for a while, so that I can figure out how I really feel."

"You mean, how you feel about Ash," he said with a sigh.

God damn it, I meant how I feel about you, about us," I said, as I cut the call with frustration.

When will this boy ever learn, not everything was about Ash? And until he got that in his head, we couldn't be together.

I went to sleep, trying to avoid all my upcoming troubles because I knew I couldn't face Ash or Drew like this.

--
Drew POV
Why would she choose me? Why the fuck would she choose me over her childhood sweetheart. The guy she's been best friends with, for as long as she could remember.

I'm nothing compared to him. I could never compete with Ashton fucking Woods.

He was going to win, he was gonna win her. This was all Déjà vu, it took me back to last summer.

Flashback:
"No man, you can't, you can't do this to me."

"I am going to win this bet, no matter what, " he said with a smirk.