Chapter 29

"I've been meaning to ask you. How are things going with your family? We haven't really talked about it since then," I said cautiously, knowing it was a touchy subject.

She sighed, " Abusive father, absent mother same old, same old."

I reached my arm out, " Come on, there has to be something you can do. Don't you have an aunt or an uncle or someone you and your sister can live with? Or maybe you could call child services?"

She shook her head, "They'll need proof and I don't have any because that bastard is so damn sly."

We sat in silence, me too unsure about what to say and she was locked away in her own world.

Drew POV

Allison come on, pick up the bloody phone. The one time I need you, you decide to switch your phone off.
God damn it, how the fuck will I do this without her?

After around a million calls, I decided to call it quits.

The only other person who could help me was, the one guy I despised, Ashton fucking Woods. And plus, not to mention the fact that Allison would murder me if I told him.

But you gotta do what you gotta do.

It rang a few times, then I heard the sound of his irritating voice, "Why are you bothering me, what do you want?"

"Gee thanks for being so nice. I need to talk to you about something and I can't do it on the phone. Can we meet?"

I heard his hesitation through the call, "Um... fine okay. Where?"

"Diner, 12 o clock, don't be late," and with that, I hung up.

I felt like pulling my hair out, ahh this is the last thing I want to do. He was such a dickish asshole if that's a word and I can not deal with his attitude.

He fucking stole my girl and now he acts like he has a problem with me, when I should be the one knocking the smug smile off his face.

But this was the only way. After all, I had one shot to do this and I could not screw it up. And if things went well, maybe Allison would see that I'm the one for her after all.

I reached at sharp noon and surprisingly, he was on time for once.
"Hey man, what's up?" I tried to make small talk.

He leaned in, "Cut to the chase, what do you want from me?"

"It's about Amy," the smirk rubbed off his face as he sank into his chair.

"What about her?"

"So Allison and I had been doing some digging around. And I was looking at some old hospital records and uh... the weird part is there's no trace of her."

Puzzled, he said, "What are you talking about?"

I clasped my hands together as I prepared for what I was gonna say," Ashton, there's no death certificate. Amy's still alive."

Instantly, he got up from the table, "So this is what your big talk was about. Don't fuck with me man, what happened to Amy is nothing to joke about."

Anger started to bubble inside me, " You mean, what you did to her. You should be fucking grateful you don't have her blood on your hands."

As he walked away, I said, "Allison knew, by the way, and she chose not to tell you. I wonder why. Maybe she trusts me more, after all..."

The next thing I knew, he swung his arm straight at my nose and I fell to the floor.

"Fucking asshole, I didn't do shit. Why the hell are you getting pissed at me? I'm the one who told you the truth."

Rolling his eyes, he responded, " Fine, I'll help you but only to prove how wrong Allison was. So tell me how can I help?" as he held out his hand to pull me up.
.
.
Word Count: 645

A/N: I can't wait for you guys to read chapter 30, ahh so much drama is gonna go down

Also, I love how ppl just stop reading my book :((

Don't forget to comment and recommend it to friends!

VOTE!

Love you guys <333