apologies and accusations

no one could get me so perfectly

Ashton POV

We headed back inside, "Amy can we please talk, by ourselves?" I tried shooting her a pleading look.

She looked anywhere but at me, "Don't expect me to come running back into your arms after you fucking smashed a glass bottle into my head."

Damn, harsh but true. How the hell was I gonna apologise to someone who wasn't even willing to stand ten feet near me?

"Please just hear out what I have to say," I said as she shook her head fuck no.

Clearly, this wasn't going to work but maybe her sister could convince her. As I nudged Allison to try and help, she said,  "Amy, come on, I think you deserve to hear any explanation he might have, for your own closure."

She sighed and gave a grimace, "Fine but only if you promise to stay the fuck away from me."

--

"I know what I did was so fucked up and it nearly cost you your life. No amount of apologizing can ever fix that, but believe me when I say I think about the moment the glass bottle came in contact with your head, every single day. I am paying the price for my actions by reliving it again and again. I am not excusing myself or trying to wipe my guilt by apologising, because that's impossible. This guilt will weigh me down for the rest of my life."

"That seems like quite a well-rehearsed apology. Did you start practising this when you ran away from the woods or after you found out I was in a coma?"

Tough crowd. But I was going to have to make it up to her. "Amy please, at least for Allison's sake, pretend that you're trying to forgive me."

Sighing, she replied, "What do you want from me, Ashton. Do you want me to simply erase the last three years of my life? All the shit I had to deal with by myself, considering I had no family. Oh, guess why, because if I went back home I would have to tell them about the whole glass bottle breaking on my head thing and that meant you would get into deep trouble. Me, being a decent human unlike you, decided that if my life was ruined that didn't mean I had to ruin yours.  Do you have any idea what's like to be in a pitch-dark, never-ending black hole inside your mind, stuck with your own thoughts for so long?"

What was I supposed to say to that? "I don't want anything from you and I've said sorry and I'll spend my life apologising for my biggest mistake. But please can we just move past it, for Ally?"

Bewildered, her eyes widened, "Mistake? You almost fucking cost me my life.  A mistake is when you mess up on a test or when you say the wrong answer. This was anger, rage at the fact that I chose someone else over you and your perfect little self couldn't comprehend that. Because how could someone ever not fall for the 'Ashton Woods'? So do me a favour and stay away from me. I don't plan on getting another glass bottle thrown at me any time soon."

--

There was no way I could go on another seven-hour car ride again. And Amy would probably claw my eyes out, plus she would want some quality time with her sister.

 So that left me with the manipulative bitch, Sophia. The same Sophia I had teamed up with to ruin Allison's birthday, years ago. She was evil then, she's evil now.

"So, Sophia what in the world made you think it was okay to go a fucking federal prison with my girlfriend?"

"Excuse me, if you hadn't kept your past a secret from her, then this wouldn't have happened in the first place," she retorted.

I rolled my eyes, "That's bull. Allison knows better than to look for answers for questions she doesn't need to know about."

"Damn you take over-protective boyfriend to the next level. At least, she wasn't being controlled and manipulated when she was with Drew," she smirked as she knew she had hit a nerve.

"That's fucking enough. You both had no business trying to speak to my estranged father about personal matters that definitely don't concern you. You know the only reason she asked you to come along was because she was fighting with Mads. You're everyone's last resort, Sophia."

She quipped up, "Ever wonder why she didn't ask you? Oh right cuz she didn't trust you enough. I mean come on, telling your ex about all this but not your boyfriend, that says a lot."

Well, I didn't really have a comeback for that because, as frustrating as it was, it was true.

--

Allison POV

I didn't really know how to speak to a sister who came back from the dead and then ran away from home. So what exactly, was I supposed to speak about, how was your coma?

"So Amy, I know all of this must be very strange and foreign to you."

"I didn't have fucking amnesia, I know," she replied.

Damn, she used to only be that bitchy on her period. Well, I guess things change.

"Anyway, so have you been staying with your foster parents?"

"Well, let's just say it's complicated," she sighed.

"I mean, I'm up for complicated, plus we have a really long way to go, so please," I replied.

Her voice rose, "God, don't push it, Allison. Try minding your own business sometime."

That's pretty much when the conversation came to a halt. I didn't know how to break this wall she had surrounded herself with. Maybe it would take time or maybe she just wasn't the same person she used to be.

 Maybe it would take time or maybe she just wasn't the same person she used to be

I'm so sorry for not updating in forever. I've just been dealing with my own shit. This chapter is so shitty but enjoy and I love you guys <33

WE HIT 5K HOLY GUACAMOLE 💛💛💛