t h i r t y-t h r e e - we fit like puzzle pieces

✨You thought you could charm me and, damn it, you're right✨

"That's not possible, didn't your sister die?", I was confused as fuck.

With an eye roll she responded, "She was in a coma and well, I guess she woke up."

Allison brought a finger to her lips and gestured for me to move forward, "Come on, let's go."

Nudging her, I whispered, "Allison Hill, have you gone absolutely mad? This is trespassing and I'm not about to be arrested," I crossed my arms against my chest.

She gave me the pleading, puppy dog eyes, "Come on, please don't you want to see a happy family reunion? You know how much joy it would bring me..."

My lack of response was taken as one, as she skipped forward and in turn, clumsily knocked over one of the potted plants lined neatly in rows throughout the lawn.

"Who's there?", the blond-haired girl furtively glanced around, but we stayed silent, without a squeak.

Shit, there was no out other than the door which had been conveniently blocked by a humongous German shepherd. As I silently tried to shush him, he responded with snarls and growls as he attempted to leap at me and practically, end my life.

"Whoever the fuck is hiding there, you better come out right now or I'm calling the cops."

We guiltily rose from the bushes that had acted like our hiding spot, with our hands in the air as though we had committed a major crime, "Sorry, we'll take our leave now."

She shook her head, "Not so quickly. Explain yourselves," I looked at Allison to come up with an excuse while she continued to gawk at her sibling.

"Amy..." her ears perked up and recognition dawned upon her.

"Al, is it you?"

With all this drama, suddenly a voice too deep to be either of theirs spoke up, "Ally, I need to talk to you." His back was towards Amy and as he turned around, he realised he was interrupting a long-lost sibling reunion. "Oh fuck, holy crap is that Amy?"

--

To say that it was awkward, was the understatement of the millennium. I stood nervously with my hands in my pockets, while Ashton raced outside and Drew went after him.

Ashton POV:

"Oh my god, this cannot be happening right now. Please tell me that the girl I almost killed who happens to be Ally's sister, wasn't just standing right in front of me," my breaths began to quicken as I started feeling nauseous.

"Get ahold of yourself. This moment is something you will never forget and if you walk away right now without even apologising, neither of them will ever forgive you."

As we went back in, Drew quipped up, "I love a good reunion but why don't we go on a drive and you two could talk?"

They both didn't say a word and coincidentally both of them refused to make eye contact with me, "Why don't I drive the two of you while Mads and Drew go in the other car?"

"I don't think I feel safe enough to go anywhere with you," Amy snapped.

Allison tried to reduce some of the tension in the air, "First, I think Ashton and I should go outside to talk."

--

I ran a hand through my hair, "I'm so sorry for everything. I had no idea we would actually find her and I didn't even stop to think about what I would say to her. I'm so sorry, I can't even begin to imagine how hard this must be for you..."

She looked straight into my green orbs, "Ashton stop talking," as she softly brought her lips to my own. I watched breathlessly as my eyes studied hers with silent intensity.

It took my brain a second to process what was happening, before I knew it I pushed her against the wall and slammed my lips against her, knocking the wind out of her. My hands were wrapped around her waist and hers locked around my neck pulling me down slightly.

Soft and slow and she tasted like November, like hot chocolate on stormy evenings and crisp autumn air. My lips were firm against hers, but the kiss remained soft, gentle, slow. We held it for a few seconds before our lips began to move in perfect sync,

My entire body had been taken over by the overwhelming feeling of relief as I moved my hand from her cheek to the back of her head, my fingers tangling in her long, honey-coloured hair, lightly pulling her into me, adding more pressure to our lips, deepening the kiss. I loved the way her small body melted into mine. The way our lips fit like two puzzle pieces. The way she relented as I played with her hair and held her tighter and tighter.

In that closeness, we were still in our hearts and the chaos of the world had just evaporated. When we broke away after what seemed like ages she looked at me, I saw her eyes sparkle and lips curve up into a smile and I couldn't help but smile back.

"I'm sorry Ash, I was being stupid," I brushed a hand against her cheek as a blush crept up her neck.

Lifting her head up to level my own, "You don't have anything to apologise for."

"Okay," she let out a sigh of relief as she intertwined our fingers together.

"Okay," I grinned.

Awweee, I love the two of them so much

Awweee, I love the two of them so much. Plus, I'm feeling single af :(