Chapter 21

Author's note

This chapter might not be very good, I'm not sure if I want to rewrite it. Also, this chapter is a bit shorter than the rest. But anyway, let me know if you like it.

--

I lay in my bed, hugging my knees to my chest.

What the fuck have I done?

I had just cheated on the guy I 'loved' with my ex-boyfriend. This seems like the kind of situation Mads could help with.

I called her and within minutes she came over. She held me and rocked me as I wracked my brain trying to figure out a way to fix this.

Side note, but damn Drew was a way better kisser than I thought.

"Honey, now you've kissed both the toads, choose who'll be your prince."

Sighing I replied, "If only I had a fairy godmother to help me, but of course I end up with the most biased best friend ever."

Hitting my arm, "Hey! It's not my fault Ash is a hundred million times better than Drew."

--

Mads stayed for about an hour until her mom demanded that she be back home this instant.

As I dropped her off her car and was headed back inside, I saw a certain 6 feet tall someone with hazel eyes shining against the light.

He ran up to me, "Hey! Hey! Wait up..." out of breath as he held my door open, not letting me go back inside.

Groaning as I rolled my eyes nearly to the back of my head, "I'm not doing this right now or ever."

"You're going to wanna hear what I have to say", he stated.

Sighing, I mumbled, "ugh fine, you have five minutes."

--

Drew POV

How the fuck was I going to tell her? She'll fucking hate me after this.

Fuck it, this is my one shot. If even after this she chooses Ashton, then she's gone crazy.

I sat on the edge of the plush, leather sofa, the same one I had been on so many times.

Taking a deep breath, "Sooo..."

She gave a fake smile, "clock's ticking."

Let it out Drew, she deserves to know.

"You know that night when you saw me at the hospital. Your mom had called me there."

"Yes, of course, It was about the affair," she said.

I shook my head, "Right when I was leaving the room, she whispered the words 'she lost Amy, she can't lose me too'."

Her hands clenched together and she instantly tightened at the sound of her name. I could tell she hadn't talked about this to anyone, not even Ashton.

Continuing on, "I knew Amy, fuck I was in love with her. I'll start from the beginning."

Her eyes widened as I retold the story, "So, Ashton and I used to be best friends. Ashton knew I had the biggest crush on her and he decided to make a game out of my feelings.
He made a bet that whoever made her fall for them first would win. Acting like the total player he was, he went the crazy way while I started talking to her in classes.
Then one day, she invited me to a bonfire but right as I was about to kiss her, Ash interrupted. In fact, all he wanted to do was sleep with her and I wasn't going to let that happen. We started arguing and...."

I took a breath as Allison looked into my eyes, I couldn't tell whose side she was on. "In the midst of the argument Ash...he...."

"He what? Spit it out, Powell," she said as she awaited the worst part.

I breathed out before going on, "Suddenly, Ash reached for a glass bottle. Right as he was about to fling it towards me, Amy came in the way. I tried to push her away, but it was too late.
Ash threw the bottle before he could process what happened, blood began to gush out of Amy's forehead. After that, he bailed and I took her to the hospital, where I found out that...umm...uhh... She had gone into a coma."

--

Allison POV

I could hear Drew's throat closing up as he let it all out.
My eyes began welling up with tears. No one had ever told me what happened to Amy, it was like an unspoken rule in our family that we never talked about her.

"No, that's not possible, he couldn't...he couldn't have...." I stuttered as my voice started to break like pieces of glass shards.

The tears that had been built up like a dam, spilled onto my face. I couldn't hold it back any longer. The walls I had spent so much building, had been torn apart in a few minutes. I leaned into his chest and sobbed unceasingly as hiccups escaped from my dry throat. Everything turned into a blur as water pooled near my eyes and I closed my eyelids, blinking with tears.

I pulled back, before collapsing into Drew's outstretched arms again, my howls of misery worsening. My voice cracked as I struggled to mumble incomprehensible sentences.
It was as though a wound, deeply stitched and pushed back, had been opened again, ripping apart all the carefully sewn stitches that covered the pain.

So raw. So bare. So exposed.

.

.

Word Count: 846

A/N: I think I might have been a little tooo dramatic at the end but whatever.

Don't forget to comment and recommend it to friends!

VOTE!

Love you guys <333