Chapter 23

Author's note

First of all, I'm kinda tearing up. I remember the day I released my first chapter, being so scared about what others would think. But honestly, everyone who has said they liked the characters, the way I write or even the drama in the book, has made my life a little bit better.

There were times when I felt like maybe I should stop writing, maybe I just wasn't good enough but everyone who was there for me, helped me push through.

Even when I got so upset, wondering why my readership was declining, the few people who liked my book made up for it. So for that, I love you three thousand <333

--

I was huddled up in the covers, with a tub of Ben & Jerry's in my hand while I sniffled to 'The Notebook'. Boxes of tissues were piling up and my nose was about as red as Rudolph's.

Mads was on her first date with Ryder, and I didn't want to act like a crybaby calling her home and ruining this special day for her.

And of course, I couldn't call my ex-boyfriend to cry over another guy. So I was stuck, alone.

Just as the bittersweet scene was about to come, the doorbell rang. Who the fuck was interrupting my crying session?

Groaning, I slowly pulled myself out of bed and stumbled down the stairs.

As I opened the door, I saw a familiar strawberry blonde with a rosewood cheer outfit, "Now what the fuck do you want?"

She fixed up her hair and rubbed her eyes before speaking up, "umm...I really needed to talk to someone and I know you fucking hate me but I thought that you could relate to this so uh..."

Rolling my eyes I responded, "What, what now?"

Nervously, she fidgeted with her strands of hair, "Can I umm... come in?"

Sweetly, I replied, "Of course your highness."

As she sat down she began her story, " So recently I found out something. My father he's been uh.. Having anger issues, you could say and he's decided to take it out on us. I came home the other day after cheer and my little sister Amber ran up to me with a cut on her face. He had come home at three in the afternoon after a night out and uh...when my sister simply asked him to play, he umm...threw something at her.

And I'm scared shitless, to do anything. My mother is the perfect socialite, who would never risk damaging her pristine image in society so basically, I'm all alone. I remember, a few years back Ashton had told me about your situation. And I know I have been horrible to you but please, I need your help."

Okay, I might act like a stone-cold bitch to her, but even I felt a little sympathy for her. At least my mother finally realized the truth, but her mother...

Sighing I responded, "Okay, I'll do it. What do you want?"

She gave me a sly grin, "I have something you would like to know and in return, you help me take down my father."

The cheerleader and the nerd, well that's a story you haven't heard.

It had been a week since I had spoken to my Mads. I had tried calling her but she never picked up.

And it has also been a week since my secret agreement with you know who. We both were being cordial to each other, and if that wasn't the weirdest thing ever then...

Entering my chem class, groaning internally as I realized Mads wasn't in school and I wouldn't have anyone to partner with. Until Sophia came up to me with a grin plastered on her face like a bandaid, "we can be together."

"Now why the fuck are you being so nice?"

She sighed, "do we always have to hate each other? I know I regret everything I've done and if you could ever forgive me then..."

I raised my hand, " hold up right there, we might be working together but you and I becoming besties will never happen, ever."

Right then I heard a slam, as a highly hungover Ashton stumbled into class, " My head hurts so fucking bad, I can't take this."

That's when Mr. Stanley decided to walk in. With his eyebrows raised, he said, " Maybe Ms. Hill should take you outside, you know to get some fresh air."

I shot him a panicked look and shook my head, begging Mr. Stanley not to do this, but he simply responded with a sly smile.

Sighing, I went up to Ashton's table ensuring that I didn't make eye contact with his gorgeous emerald green eyes, "come on, let's go."

Rolling his eyes, he retorted sarcastically, " of course, anything for you."

I crossed my arms across my chest as I sighed in frustration, " why the fuck are you hungover at 7 in the morning?"

He looked away from me, "how the fuck does it matter to you?"

I did the same and avoided eye contact, "because...because"

He snapped, "because what? Drew doesn't cut it for you anymore? Now is when you realize maybe you shouldn't have cut out the one good thing in your shitty, miserable life?"

Damn, harsh much. I thought maybe he would be a bit more sympathetic, considering what he told me the last time we met.

"Yeah, and who do you have in your life?", I acted tough even though I was broken on the inside.

Smirking, he replied, "someone you don't need to know about."

And with that, he walked off.

--

Sophia and I met after school near the bleachers.

I was pissed off as it is and I was in no mood for Sophia's sass.

"You better tell me this secret I apparently need to know, otherwise I'm out."

...

"Wait, what the fuck?" I was confused out of my mind. How was this even possible. No, this can't be real. She's gotta be lying... But come on, who would lie about such a thing?

She was actually sympathetic for once, "Look, I know it fucking sucks and it probably hurts like shit, especially finding out from me but look at the bright side, at least you know who's real now."

I can't believe she would ever do that to me.

.

.

Word Count: 942

A/N: I know this chapter is really vague and you guys are probably thinking WTF is happening, but I promise everything will be cleared out in the next chapter.

Also, sorry for not updating in a while :(

Don't forget to comment and recommend it to friends!

VOTE!

Love you guys <333