Chapter 27

Hello, why is readership so low ? :(((

Ashton POV

I drove as fast as I could, trying my best not to cross the speed limit. Mads was in a bad place and she would probably do something rash if I didn't reach there quick.

I don't get it, why has she been in the hospital? It can't be her dad because he left them a long time ago and her mom was never even home. So who the fuck was she visiting?

As soon as I reached Rosewood memorial, I raced inside. The feeling of deja vu flooded my senses as I recalled the several times I had been here.

At the reception, I asked, "Where's the waiting area?" and as the nurse gestured to a lounge, that's when I caught a glimpse of Mads. Her hair all disheveled, cradling her head with her hands.

I placed an arm on her shoulder, startled, she quickly got up, "Oh my god Ashton, I'm so happy to see you," as she wrapped her arms around me.

I smiled and ruffled her hair, "Mads I'm so sorry for not realizing what was wrong sooner. But I'm here now."

She sniffled her nose, "Well, the reason I'm here is because Dahlia, you know the lady at the diner, the one who used to always take care of me, more than my real mother ever did. Well, I had gone to visit her and suddenly, I saw that she had collapsed on the floor. When I brought her here, they did some scans and  there's some bad news. It uh... umm... it turns out she has a lump in her brain. And I can't believe it but she doesn't have very long."

I didn't have any words to comfort her, so I just held her and rocked her back and forth. 

--

Ally POV

Holy guacamole, what the hell just happened? My dad just dropped a bomb on me, the size of fucking texas. He cheated on my mother, with none other than Ashton's drunk, high, measly excuse of a mother. And because of her impeccable timing, poor twelve-year-old Ashton walked in on them.

 That must have been the reason they moved towns, but isn't ironic, out of all places they became our next-door neighbors?

But what about his dad, where did he go? Maybe Ash told him the truth and that's why he left.

But how come he didn't say anything when he recognized my dad? My father ruined his family and he didn't say a word, kept quiet for all this time. Why?

I reached Ash's place and banged my fists against the door. I had to tell him that I knew. Where the hell does this boy disappear.

The door was unlocked so I went up to his room. Maybe he was tone-deaf and couldn't hear me shouting, "Ashton, where the hell are you?"

I took a quick glance around his room, annoyed that he wasn't there. I was just about to leave when his phone rang. Great, the idiot left his phone here.

I didn't pick up, of course, but it rang several times. Thinking it might be urgent, I answered, "Hello, who's calling?"

"This call is from Danbury federal prison, do you accept the charges?"

Puzzled, I replied, "Yes..."

"Ashton, my son I need to talk to you. I've been trying to call you for so long now and you know I only get limited calls and you never pick up. Son, just hear me out please."

Wait why the fuck was this man, namely Ashton's dad calling from a state prison? Unless he was imprisoned there. Wow, great way to state the obvious, Allison.

"Um... this isn't Ashton, sorry. This is his friend, Allison Hill speaking," I said apologetically.

"Hill? Are you from Rosewood?" he enquired.

As I murmured yes, he went on, "Bloody hell, the one friend my son made, had to be a Hill."

"What are you talking about?"

"Your bloody bastard of a father is the reason I'm locked up here in the first place," he shouted.

"No that's not possible. My father might not be perfect, but uhh... he wouldn't, he couldn't."

Chuckling he said, "Well, you clearly don't know your father very well. Allow me to tell you the full, unbiased story. But my phone time is going to run out, come visit me tomorrow, at 8 AM. I'll tell you everything," and with that the phone cut.

.

.

Word Count: 734

A/N: Probably confusing as fuck so I'm sorry bout that. Plus I've been freaking out with all the corona bullshit and exams coming up:(((

Don't forget to comment and recommend it to friends!

VOTE!

Love you guys <333