[ 05 ]

F I V E
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

THE CHOI FAMILY WAS having dinner with their only child like any other night

THE CHOI FAMILY WAS having dinner with their only child like any other night. And as usual, they would ask their son how his day was at school. Yeonjun halted his chopsticks from being put into his mouth. His eyes flickered up to his parents before slowly coming back down. Suddenly the events of this afternoon came to mind and his apology for Sujin.

[ FLASHBACK ]

"I... I wanted to apologize for my comment. It was rude and to make up for it, can I offer you something? Food? A gift?" He queried, meeting her unimpressed eyes.

Sujin stuck her tongue to her teeth before speaking, "Don't bother. It was a comment of honesty, wasn't it? Best leave it at that... but please don't think I'm forgiving you for it."

It was kind of harsh if you put it lightly. Yeonjun didn't think she was going to be that direct with him but then again, what she said at cafeteria should've been a sign. At least it was Friday today. The weekend was something he was looking forward to do.

• • •

This weekend was good because of two things.

One, Yeonjun was finally meeting HueningKai. And because he was meeting him, Soobin was allowed to used this day to introduce the youngest kid to him instead of studying like he was supposed to. Meaning, everyone could hang out together.

Speaking of Soobin, he was in charge of the food while coming here so he stopped by a semi-popular cafe to get something other than the convenience store food they had been digesting for the week. It was when he was opening the door to enter, he bumped into a short figure.

The male looked up or down if you will and widened his eyes. "Sujin noona? (older sister)" He inquired, capturing the female's attention.

Sujin almost doubled over in surprise when she heard him. Noona? She had never been called that before. Most people she met were older than her. She was about to respond when she heard a familiar voice call from outside, "Ms Rhee?"