[ 10 ]

T E N
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

KAI SLUMPED INTO HIS sofa at two in the afternoon, earning a groan from Beomgyu who now sat beneath him

KAI SLUMPED INTO HIS sofa at two in the afternoon, earning a groan from Beomgyu who now sat beneath him. The Korean-American threw a chip at him, drawing out laughter from the rest of his friends. The five boys were at Kai's house, simply chilling as the mentioned boy's mother roamed around the house, cleaning up after them from time to time.

Speaking of his mother, the woman had finally taken a seat after preparing the ingredients for tonight's dinner. With a sigh leaving her mouth, her fingers curled around the TV remote, tuning into the news channel that had popped on. The boys all took a glance at the screen before continuing the card game they were playing.

"Breaking! RJ Group has announced that Vice President Rhee Jungeun is, in fact, three months pregnant. She has revealed that she will stop working until the birth of her child. The youngest unknown sibling will cover for her in the time being as the temporary Vice President. The Rhee family thinks this will be a good learning curve for the young heir when they officially join the company."

Kai's mother looked over to the boys, grabbing a chip from her son, she spoke: "Aigoo... good for her. But she should've waited. Once she gives birth, how's she gonna take care of her child?" She clicked her tongue, making a 'tsking' sound in the light of disapproval. She knew how it could be to take care of a child. She had three to prove it! Beomgyu averted his eyes from the game, looking at the news, watching Jungeun's face flash on the screen. "Maybe she'll choose a lower position?" He shrugged, sensing a smug grin towards Yeonjun, placing his winning card in the table. Yeonjun inwardly groaned, lightly throwing his hand of cards onto the table in defeat.

Taehyun laughed lightly, adding onto the conversation, "Or... she'll create her own subsidiary company. Being a CEO isn't that hard. Choose your work hours or stay at home and work. It's up to them."

• • •

Sujin let out a miffed sigh, her eyes trailed after her driver who had just left to arrange another vehicle as the car had run out of gas. Ignoring the fact he could've probably got some petrol from a nearby gas station, the man refused to let her use a taxi as it was unlikely of a Rhee to use a taxi.

In other words, she was stranded at a cafe.

The female turned around, deciding to order something after seeing she had her wallet. Upon arriving at the register, Sujin was surprised to see Yeosang, Yeonjun's 'deskmate', on his break. "One taro milk tea please." She smiled gently, handing some cash to the worker as credit cards were too risky to use in terms situation of her name being exposed.