[ 19 ]

N I N E T E E N
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

N I N E T E E NTHIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

[ MINHYUK ]

SUJIN LET OUT A quivering breath as she waited for her friends. Today was their first day of university and her first time meeting them in a while. She had been quite preoccupied with work since her older sister gave birth to two beautiful twins. Filling her position and constant meetings with EXO to make their game had her drained. However, the thought of this day got her through it all.

And now here she was. The moment she had been waiting for.

Dami and Chaeyoung along with Yeonjun had decided to go to Seoul National University. Yeosang, on the other hand, was doing part-time at another university nearby. It was a bit sad when Dami found out but the two had decided to date and take everything slowly.

While Sujin waited, Yeonjun was nearing the campus. He also was nervous. Probably the most nervous out of all of them. Yes, he was finally attending university and that could be scary. But nothing scared him more than meeting the girl he liked. He wondered, what if my feelings have faded for her? Biting down onto his bottom lip, he shook his head, "No... she's been on your mind since graduation till now." A chuckle fell from his lips at the stupid thought.

As Yeonjun clasped the strap of his backpack, the moment he laid his eyes on the waving girl he knew... he knew he still liked her. He was dumb to think his feelings had even faded. Yeonjun smiled at the three girls that were waiting for him. Chaeyoung and Dami had made it before him as they had moved into the Gwanak-sa dormitory together— ultimately becoming roommates.

A glare fell from the keyring on Sujin's bag, following to Yeonjun's eyes. Capturing his attention, a wide smile appeared on his face once he saw the graduation gift he gave her. Right. My promise. I need to fulfil it.

Chaeyoung nudged Sujin once all of them were settled, "How's it feel being plastered all of South Korea?" On cue, the girl rolled her eyes remembering that the whole country knew her now. Hell, a poster of her was seen at the front of the school as RJ group was a big investor in the university. Dami and Yeonjun flickered their eyes around the campus, taking a glance at all of the peering eyes that occasionally flitted to Sujin.

Dami sighed sadly, "Must be a tough life." Yeonjun looked at Sujin who nodded with a small chuckle. He could tell she was exhausted behind the halfhearted smile she gave everyone. It was like she was half full of energy and half full of depleted energy. The group sported a sudden uneasy look when the bell had rung, gesturing for some students' lectures to start. Chaeyoung pressed he lips: "Oh? And that's the bell. I'm heading this way with Dami. Yeonjun and you are that way right?" Sujin looked at Yeonjun and nodded.

The four friends departed for their new journeys into university. As the future couple walked to their departments, Yeonjun couldn't help but speak up. "You know... I missed you Sujin." He murmured, making her briefly look up at him. Her head soon was parallel to the floor as it hung in guilt, "Really? I'm sorry I couldn't meet up. It's just everything has been so hectic and—" Sujin began to ramble when Yeonjun laughed softly, placing his index finger to her lips to stop her.

Sujin's voice was seized at the action as she froze. He moved his finger and ruffled her hair. "Hey, it's okay. You're here now. That's all that matters." Yeonjun gave her an eye-smile.

• • •

Sujin watched everyone pour into her lecture after she found out Yeonjun didn't have a lecture till 11:30. Upon consulting her parents, she ad decided to major in Computer Science and Design. This lecture contributed to the design part.

She could feel eyes linger in from every corner of the room. The feeling made her want to curl up in a corner and work alone. But that didn't seem to be in her stars as a male sat down next to her, introducing himself as Minhyuk. Forty minutes into the lesson, Sujin was surprised to find he didn't care about her 'fame' and whatnot. Instead, he felt sympathetic. So she got to know her possible friend.

"Minhyuk, you don't look like someone who does design." She told him after raising her pencil from the paper. They were the same age but he had gone to Hanlim Multi Art School which sort of explained his passion for art. He grinned, clinking his pencil with hers, "I'm a person full of surprises." Sujin rolled her eyes and laughed lightly. Minhyuk pursed his lips, "Who do I look like then?" He queried with genuine curiosity.

Sujin puffed out her cheeks in thought, shifting her jaw while doing so. With a hum, she spoke, "Hm... a dancer?" She answered unsurely. Minhyuk briefly widened his eyes. "Well, it's one of my hobbies. I like the arts." He shrugged, returning back to his drawing. The female nodded slowly when she heard something hit the window she sat next to.

She leaned over to peek through the clear material. Only to find Yeonjun that is. She grinned in surprise, mending her brows together as she cocked her head to the side. Yeonjun rolled his eyes at her confused look. He brought out his arm, using his wrist as a pretend watch. Pointing to it, he flashed his five fingers at her, gesturing that there were five minutes till she got out of the lecture.

• • •

Sujin's lecture ended at 10:30. While leaving she bid goodbye to Minhyuk who had another lecture to attend and started to rebuke Yeonjun for hitting the window. "What if you got caught? On the first day? You're an idiot." She chuckled, shaking her head.

Yeonjun sighed as they took a seat at a small cafe on the campus, waiting for the other two girls. "Oh yeah. Who was sitting next to you in that class?" He asked curiously when Sujin got them some drinks. She furrowed her brows, placing the drinks on the table. "Who? Oh, Minhyuk? Yeah, he sat next to me and we just clicked." She started, taking a sip of her mango juice. Something she was craving since spring had started. Yeonjun slowly nodded Ashe she continued to speak, "I'm glad though. Everyone else was drilling holes into my head."

Yeonjun smiled tightly, not wanting to push further on this Minhyuk guy as he felt bad. He was just surprised seeing them get along so well when he hit the window. He jutted out his bottom lip and sighed, "Well then, how was your first lecture, Jinnie?" He cooed mockingly. Sujin squinted her eyes at him, giving him a funny look before answering his question. "Not that bad. I'm excited if anything. This is my free time since working." She cheered, laughing lightly. Yeonjun watched as her body shook with humour and her hair fell past her soft pink cheeks.

This warm feeling that had been swirling within him for a while felt a lot stronger. So he wondered if his feelings were different. Was he still crushing? Or were we on a different stage?

Buddha once said, "When you like a flower, you pluck it. But when you love a flower, you water it daily."

So why did Yeonjun feel like watering this flower called Sujin?