[ 17 ]

S E V E N T E E N
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

S E V E N T E E NTHIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

THE CSAT WAS COMING up for all Korean seniors. These finals provided a lack of socialism between each teenager as they spent every second studying. Because that was Korea's culture. Grades were everything anyways. But the CSAT gave them that ability to study at university. Messing that up felt like committing murder to a parent.

But of course, the occasional break was taken as an opportunity to not go fully insane.

Sujin got that break today in the form a study get-together.

When Chaeyoung invited Dami, Yeonjun and Sujin for a study get together... no one refused. Whatever she says... goes. But it had also been a few weeks since they had last seen each other, so this was an excuse to see each other in an odd peace before meeting under the stress of their first exam.

Sujin was the last to arrive at her house as she leaves from her older sister's baby shower. Chaeyoung greeted the girl at the door, watching her move her shoes before entering. The coldness was unbearable outside despite the several layers Sujin had worn. This made entering Chaeyoung's house special hellish heaven. Warm and cozy.

Yeonjun sat in the living room, looking up from his textbook when he heard her voice. Automatically a smile appeared on his face. She looked so cute wrapped in the big coat which he was sure her brother made her wear before she left the house. He also knew how sensitive she was to the low temperatures so after ten minutes of studying, Yeonjun asked: "Are you feeling warmer?"

Sujin moved her eyes to the boy, feeling an invisible blush take over her face when she saw his concerned face. "A little bit. It's definitely warmer here than out there." She giggled, returning back to her studying. Yeonjun leaned back to his bag that was on the couch. Rummaging through it, he grabbed a hot pack and shook it to activate the heating function.

He put the hot pack into the pocket of Sujin's coat making her lookup. Yeonjun smiled warmly, holding no shame when he patted her pocket and head. The girl's mouth fell open. She was speechless, to say the least. Clearing her throat, she gave a curt nod and resumed reading her textbook.

Yeonjun smiled, looking down at his book. Sujin's eyes flitted around with nervousness before catching Dami's cheek gaze. A wink came from her, sending a shiver of embarrassment up Sujin's neck. A week after Dami joined their school, they became friends surprisingly easily. They had a lot in common and a lot in their differences. For example, they bonded over food, but the way Dami fell so easily for people had definitely caught Sujin off guard.

It was the only reason Yeosang wasn't invited to this get-together. Dami liked him but she also knew from experience to let things take time.

After a while, Sujin had absorbed all the warm hot chocolate given to her. She excused herself to the bathroom, leaving the three friends in the living room with a knowing tension hovering over them. Chaeyoung rested her cheek on her hand, shaking her head with a narrowed gaze. "You are one sly devil." The comment made everyone laugh lightly.