Chapter 2

Chapter 2:
The next day my dad was so uptight.
"Daddy? What is wrong?" Asked Robin while he was counting up money.
"Honey, daddy is a little busy right now." He said. He didn't look up from his money. "Canary, can you lend me your money? I promise I'll pay you back." He asks. I grab the little change I have and gave it to him. I tell Robin to leave. Dad was getting frustrated. That very night, I thought after a few hours, nothing was going to happen. So I fell asleep. But that's when everything went wrong. When I woke up, I felt a cold breeze on my skin. I could see the bright stars. Strange. When I realize what's happening, I was being carried by a stranger. I went into a panic. I quickly struggled free for a second, but he grabbed my arm and dragged me along. I tried to scream, but he muffled the sound with his leather gloves. I could not struggle free. He walked up to a light. It was a fire. I saw two other children there. Those children were the children of the parents that were with my dad. A boy and a girl. Could this be the bad thing they were talking about?
"I got her!" He yelled to another man. I recognized the salty voice. The man pushes me down next to the boy. The taller man had a gun pointed at us.
"Here's the thing, your parents where screwing around, and they burned down our home. They haven't gotten the money to pay for it, so we promised them something bad would happen." The shorter man said with a smile.
"What are you going to do to us?" Asked the girl. She also had blond hair like her mom.
"We are gonna throw you down sinners well." Said the short man. Sinners well is the biggest well ever made. 20 feet wide and who knows how deep. This well isn't meant for wishes, but sin. You throw your sin down the well, and hope they never come back up.
"Please! I don't want to die!" Shrieks the girl. The man grabs the boys wrist and my wrist, and the shorter man grabs the girls wrist. They slowly drag us to the well. As we stand on the edge of the well, I yell,
"Stop! You don't have to do this!" I say. Hoping it will help. The tall man stared at me.
"Sorry sweetie. Just doing my job." He says as he shoves us in the well. All I could hear was my voice. Screaming. The well got deeper... Deeper... Deeper... Until splash! We hit water. I could see one of them, but were is the other? I see bubbles come to the surface. The boy was drowning. I dive under and drag him back up to the surface. He was gasping for air.
"What are we going to do?" Asked the girl.
"I don't know." I say back. We were quiet. Until the boy broke the silence.
"Chase." He said. "What's your name?"
"Karen." Replied the girl.
"Canary." I say.
"Your named after a bird?" Asked Chase.
"Yes. Me and my sister are named after birds. My moms favorite bird was a canary, and my dads was a robin. So my mom named me Canary, and my dad named my sister Robin." I said.
"I've never seen your mom." Says Karen.
"She died while giving birth to my sister." I said.
"Oh. Sorry." Said Chase. Still gripping my shoulder.
"So should we find a way to escape?" Asked Karen.
"I thought I saw a light down there." Said Chase.
"What?" I ask. I let go of Chase.
"I can't swim!" He yells, flailing around in the water. Karen swims over and grabs him. I dive under and see a little slit of light. I push away some rocks and see an opening. I swim back up.
"Guys, there is an opening!" I say. Chase had a worried expression on his face.
"It's ok. We got you." Says Karen in a soothing voice. We all swim through the hole. When we got through the hole, there was an opening. When we came up for air, we were in a lake. We saw beautiful green grass with blue Sky's. I couldn't believe my eyes. There was a beautiful world right under us.
"What is this place?" Asked chase. No one answered. We just stared in complete awe.
"We should go ask." I reply. When we got out of the lake, we came across a bar. We opened the door and we paused. There were no humans.