Chapter 10

I woke up to banging on the cage.
"Wake up! It's breakfast. What you eat is what you get for the morning!" Yelled the Baybad guard. Putting food in the cage. It looked like jello, but was pink and in a weird corral shape.
"Excuse me sir, but what is this?" Asked Karen.
"Pollowik. Now no more questions!" Said the Baybad guard. He locked the cage and walked off. There was no silverware. So we had it use our hands. I tasted it, and it wasn't bad. It tasted like strawberries, but with a sour. Like the polie berries Ledna gave us. So I ate it.
"Canary, step forward." The Baybad guard said. I do as he says. I don't want to get shocked again. "Masters want to see you." He said. When He unlocked the cage, he tied my hands together and brought me to the room. While he was walking me there, I carefully take his cell keys. He didn't notice. So I slip them in my pocket. When we reach the room, the Baybad guard pushes me into a chair.
"What would it take for you to take off that amulet?" Asked the Baybad woman.
"I don't know. What would it take for you to let us go." I say.
"Let's get one thing strength. I am the one that asks the questions. So answer it." The Baybad woman said impatiently.
"A lot. This amulet means a lot to me." I say. I was Lying.
"What if I pay you in chips?" She asked. Chips are this worlds money. They are oddly shaped. Like a mushroom shape almost. She pulls out a big bag of them.
"Not enough." I say shaking my head.
"I have more." She told me.
"No." I say firmly. She got angry and pushed over the bag of chips and stomped on them. The Baybad have very short tempers.
"What do you want me to do?!" She yells.
"Nothing." I say calmly. I tried to stay as calm as I could. She pushes the table over, knocking everything off of it.
"Tell me!" She yells. I don't say anything. She storms out the door. Punching a Baybad guard on her way out. The guard hits the ground with a loud thud. I just sat there. She eventually came back in.
"We will run some tests with you." She said, trying to stay calm. She cut the bindings from my hands. We stayed in the same room. A guard brings in a Grime man and Chase. They were both tied up. The Baybad woman hands me my bow.
"Choose one." She says.
"You want me to kill one of them?" I ask, shocked.
"Yes. Either your friend or this innocent creature." She says.
"I won't do it." I say. Lowering my bow.
"Alright. Then we'll choose one." Said the Baybad woman. The Baybad guard put a sharp blade on Chase's neck. He shuts his eyes hard.
"Wait! I'll choose one!" I say.
"Ok. Remember. No one can hear them in this room." Says the Baybad woman. That made me think of a plan. I point my bow at the Grime man.
"Please! I don't want to die!" Pleads the Grime man.
"I know." I say. I quickly point the bow at the Baybad woman and shoot her knee. Then before the guards could leave the room,shoot at the them. Stabbing there heart.
"Help!" She yells.
"Remember? No one can hear you." I say. I take another arrow and shoot her head. She goes limp. I quickly cut Chase and the Grime man's ropes. Chase just looks at me.
"How'd you think of that?" He asked.
"Wasn't that hard to figure out." I say. "Let's go."
"I saw were they stored our weapons." Says Chase.
"Good." I say.
"Question. How are we going to stroll through this place unnoticed?" Asked the Grime man.
"Actually, we need to pick up two more people." I tell him.